UAC educational access scheme (1 Viewer)

aussie-boy

HSC
Does anyone know much about this scheme?

I meet one of the criteria in that my parents split up at the beginning of year 12, after living unhappily together for about 5 years

Is it possible that I could get sufficient extra UAI points from this that I could combine it with a ~98.5 UAI to get entry into law at Sydney/UNSW? Has anyone else been through this process and is it impossible if the divorce is not legalised yet?

yosemite sam

HSC
Talk to your careers adviser or year advisor. EAS works on agrading system where teachers/counsellors whoever say how much they think the divorce has affected your ability to study and reach your potential.

atakach99

HSC
I arrived in Australia in July 2006 after a large War in my country forced me to leave. This has had a devastating effect on my ability and I have not been able to reach my full potential. Does this qualify for EAS?

aussie-boy

HSC
has anyone actually been through the process?
the divorce hasnt really affected me, however i would never turn down easy uai points
hence i want to know if its an arduous process and how much supporting evidence is actually needed

thesoftparade

HSC
Also note that there are two EAS methods, depending on the university:

The allocation method (where the uni sets aside a number (say 10%) of its places for access students and it accepts those closest to the cut-off within 5 or 10 points).

The bonus points method (where the uni adds the extra points to your UAI).

Check out UAC for a more detailed and eloquent explanation.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
hi rebekkie !!!

also, eas is generally very competitive.

erm

HSC
I don't know if just having your parents divorced is gonna make you competitive in terms of the other candidates. I mean i know heap of people who's parents have split.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)