UAC Applications (1 Viewer)

d_carey

Does anyone here know how the preference system works in University applications?

I know that you can put 9 courses down in order from 1 to 9, but does the number you put down mean anything, ie. If I get a UAI of 90 and all of the cutoffs for the courses I applied for are in the 80's, will I get an offer for every course I apply for in the first round.

How do the different round of university offers work? If you don't get an offer in the first round , is it possible to get one in a later round?

Sorry about all these questions, my careers advisor is not very good at explaining things.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ok, first of all, u only get one offer in each round
say all your courses require u to get 80, but u get 90, u'll get an offer for ur first preference which meets this requirement. Order is important, because, say, u got 99.95 and had Law @ Sydney as ur 2nd preference, and Arts @ Sydney as ur 1st preference, u'll get an offer for Arts and NOT for Law.

If u dont get an offer in the first round, its unlikely u'll get one in the late round, because UAI's for courses in the late round tend to increase because there is a limited number of spaces available, and a lot of ppl would be applying to them. If u do wanna wait for a late round offer, its suggested u accept ur main round offer first, so that in case u dont get anythin in the late round, u wont be left with nothimg

d_carey

If you only get one offer each round, why can you place 9 preferences? In that case you would only be able to enter 2 courses.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
In case your UAI is not high enough. If you just put down 1 course and didn't get in, then you'd be screwed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)