UAC applications open (1 Viewer)

inJust

HSC
Business faculty has like no "attractive" white girls.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
huh what

I will concede the Arts thing. But at least UNSW's maths building isn't from 1783.

Actually, you can drop the Advanced Maths before you get to Honours but you'll graduate with Science.

And yes, we took in 100 or so Advanced Maths students last year - that's whittled down to 70 now. By the time we get to 4th year, I expect there'll be around 40 of us - and then I think half of us will elect not to do Honours. 20 is a good number.

If you're in the wrong faculty, yes.
How is this a bad thing? Dat architecture

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeah if you want to sit on uncomfortable old wooden chairs and tables...

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Tossing up between Civil Eng (construction) or Telecom/ Electrical at unsw, Info sys/ Commerce unsw, commerce/ law maq or Civil Eng (construction) uts.. so f'ing confused :(
civil eng at unsw you shit cunt

HSC
N/A
I don't know where to start :cry:

My parents are trying to bribe me into doing law. But I personally have no interest in it. I don't know what I want to do at all.

inJust

HSC
Actually don't, you could be the difference in me getting in or not :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

lol- I've only got three choices- need to find some others.
commerce at USyd?

It's pretty hard from what i've read
You have to keep a distinction average or else you drop down to B.Arts or B.science and major in psychology
This is true for a B Psych

I will concede the Arts thing. But at least UNSW's maths building isn't from 1783.

Actually, you can drop the Advanced Maths before you get to Honours but you'll graduate with Science.

And yes, we took in 100 or so Advanced Maths students last year - that's whittled down to 70 now. By the time we get to 4th year, I expect there'll be around 40 of us - and then I think half of us will elect not to do Honours. 20 is a good number.
More established and shit, yet you're saying that isn't better?

Also, you realise they refurbish rooms and buildings every now and then?

At USyd you don't have to drop down to science if you don't want honours you just graduate with advanced Maths. Yay.

Also, even though we don't have honours as compulsory for advanced Maths I'm pretty sure we have ~36 doing it this year.

Wingman me?
you'll need even more luck. :frown2:

I don't know where to start :cry:

My parents are trying to bribe me into doing law. But I personally have no interest in it. I don't know what I want to do at all.
say "Give me $20k/year or I'm not doing law."

I'd do law for that as a student.
I'd just combine it with science and then do postgrad med after the degree. That's only like 11 years at uni or something.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Wingman me?
if i must.

More established and shit, yet you're saying that isn't better?

Also, you realise they refurbish rooms and buildings every now and then?
Established =/= better. Just because you're the oldest uni doesn't mean you're the best.

At USyd you don't have to drop down to science if you don't want honours you just graduate with advanced Maths. Yay.

Also, even though we don't have honours as compulsory for advanced Maths I'm pretty sure we have ~36 doing it this year.
Well, if the first thing is true - that kind of cheapens your Advanced Maths degree, imo. Advanced Maths at UNSW means you have done Honours. While Advanced Maths at Sydney does not necessarily mean you did Honours.

Highlights the differences in degrees. Same name, different stuff.

s8891

HSC
N/A
Bachelor of Commerce/Arts (UNSW)
Bachelor of Commerce (UNSW)

Both are listed in UNSW's Undergraduate Guide with the same ATAR cut-off. I prefer Commerce/Arts over just Commerce
So my question is:
Since the ATAR cut-offs are the same, Can I just put Bachelor of Commerce/Arts? Or do I put both to be sure?

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
nope. nope.

maybe. probably. hell no. no. hell yes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)