typical scaffold for essays (1 Viewer)

LoneWolf1990

HSC
hey I'm doing advanced, my texts are Skrzynecki, Hamlet/R&G(Module A), Cloudstreet(Module B) and Frontline(Module C). I know for Skrzynecki and Frontline, the essay is supposed to be set out as:

1. Thesis/Introduction
2. Skrzynecki poem #1/Frontline episode #1
3. Skrzynecki poem #2/Frontline episode #2
4. Related text #1
5. Related text #2
6. Conclusion

How is the essay supposed to be set out for my Module A and B texts? I really need help on this please.

michael1990

HSC
Wouldn't you just use the basic.

1. Introduction
2. Body
3 Conclusion

And work in your prescribed texts and related texts?

LoneWolf1990

HSC
michael1990 said:
Wouldn't you just use the basic.

1. Introduction
2. Body
3 Conclusion

And work in your prescribed texts and related texts?
no, no, no, sure all essays work on that fundamental structure but what exactly do I have to write about within the Module A and Module B essays? That's what I want to know

stillwaters

HSC
im really hating comparative study at the moment but for module A i reckon an alternating structure would be best because the module is a comparative study (i detect so many tautologies in my sentence :p) but there isnt really an exact you have to write the essay this way or that way. you could do the ocmprative study one in chunks as well.... first half talk about text one, second chunk talk about text 2. it depends on how you like writing. ... as long as you have all the info. (gahhhh.... i dont like comparative study)

im doing speeches for module b so i cant really help you there ( i did the chunking thing where i talked about first speech and then second speech). i suppose for cloudstreet youd arrange it in terms of ideas and themes so each paragraph talks about a new theme etc. (im just making it up now)

hope that helps :)

LoneWolf1990

HSC
After looking through a couple of past essays, this is what I found for Module A transformations:

1. Introduction-go into Thesis etc
  2. Context of Hamlet
  3. Context of R&G
  4. Values/Characterisation?????(I'm confused!)
  5. Themes
  6. Conclusion
Is this the ideal essay plan for Transformations? please help, I've got an in class essay task to do in a couple of weeks, and is this the right way to go about it? cause while I was reading essays some people go into the other stuff other than what's above.

P.S. I'm still clueless about how to go about the Module B essay, please help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)