Typical Aussies Ruin Australia (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
tattoodguy said:
if you dont like aussies, do us all a favor and fucking leave, ur not welcome here.
I think that tattoodguy has said all that needs to be said.

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
supercharged said:
Its usually the inbred yobbos with bogan accents, who can't string more than two sentences together without murdering even semi-correct grammar, than ruin Aust.
i wonder if you'd say the same of the african american thug rap culture? of course you wouldn't, cause you're one of those ignorant idiots brainwashed by band waggon left wing pinkos to hate anything that is white or status quo. the irony here is your perspective is very european (i.e. seeing in binary opposites) yet you demonise and stereotype such "illiterate aussies" that say "g'day" like me for values you hold so closely (albeit subconsciously) yourself.

jpr333

HSC
cerebrum said:
Does anyone think that the typical aussies ruin AUST? Those that quote "G'day" and sit around with there pathetic getups. It just reveals Australians to be iliterate.
Total worry that we're illiterate now isn't it... I think cultural slang has little bearing on literacy levels.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
chelloveck said:
i wonder if you'd say the same of the african american thug rap culture? of course you wouldn't, cause you're one of those ignorant idiots brainwashed by band waggon left wing pinkos to hate anything that is white or status quo. the irony here is your perspective is very european (i.e. seeing in binary opposites) yet you demonise and stereotype such "illiterate aussies" that say "g'day" like me for values you hold so closely (albeit subconsciously) yourself.
I don't care what language you speak as long as you're good at it. I sneer in contempt at those whose first and only language is english, yet are totally inept at it. If native english speakers can't even speak their own language properly, then what is that? Illiterate bogan fucktards. Fucking hicks should go and get an education. Eg Fitzy from Big Brother

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
supercharged said:
I don't care what language you speak as long as you're good at it. I sneer in contempt at those whose first and only language is english, yet are totally inept at it. If native english speakers can't even speak their own language properly, then what is that? Illiterate bogan fucktards. Fucking hicks should go and get an education. Eg Fitzy from Big Brother
I'll ask it again - what dialect of Chinese do you speak? Whatever your answer, the dialect that you speak is a bastardisation of some other older, language. Have a nice day and please, if you have such a problem with Australians you know where you can go.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
neo_o said:
I'll ask it again - what dialect of Chinese do you speak? Whatever your answer, the dialect that you speak is a bastardisation of some other older, language. Have a nice day and please, if you have such a problem with Australians you know where you can go.
I don't have a problem with Australians, most in the North Shore are very articulate, its just bogans from the Outer West who can't string two sentences together :rolleyes:

I have learnt guangdonghua and guoyu dialects, so what dialects do you speak?

Generator

HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
I don't have a problem with Australians, most in the North Shore are very articulate, its just bogans from the Outer West who can't string two sentences together :chainsaw:
Bogans from the outer west cannot string two sentences together? What is wrong the regional dialect adopted by some from the outer west, may I ask?

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
supercharged said:
I don't have a problem with Australians, most in the North Shore are very articulate, its just bogans from the Outer West who can't string two sentences together
Oh, are you trying to say that instead of being an ignorant, bigoted, Chinese prat, you're a whinging, arrogant, North Shore nancy boy? (No offence to anyone who may live on the North Shore). You speak a dialect of Chinese, people in the Outer West speak a dialect of English. Though, you're dialect is so far removed from other forms of Chinese that other people in your own country would have a whole world of trouble understanding you.

I have learnt guangdonghua and guoyu dialects, so what dialects do you speak?
1) I speak a little Putanghua

2) Whether I speak Chinese or not is quite irrelevant, since you're here in this country, insulting Australians.

Last edited:

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Ha, the fact that I speak better english than many in the bogan areas, shows how crap they really are ;)

btw putonghua = guoyu = hanyu, so no

Last edited:

Generator

HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
Ha, the fact that I speak better english than many in the bogan areas, shows how crap they really are ;)
'Better' english? It may be more formal (though I doubt that given what you have posted in the past), but it isn't better. There is a slight difference.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
'Better' english? It may be more formal (though I doubt that given what you have posted in the past), but it isn't better. There is a slight difference.
Bogan english = "me" substituted for "my"

Generator

HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
Bogan english = "me" substituted for "my"
Perhaps it's just that the my is pronounced as me (as Xayma, from rural Australia, noted earlier in an earlier post). Besides, that still doesn't mean that it's wrong as such, as it's merely a regional dialect that nancies such as yourself look down upon in order to inflate egos which are, by and large, worthless in the wider scheme of things.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
MoonlightSonata said:
The Oxford English dictionary recognises "aitch", it does not recognise "haitch"

And yes, OED is God
Such dialects are not recognised

Generator

HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
Such dialects are not recognised
Ah, as a matter of fact they are, it's just that they are not recognised 'officially'.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
In response to the original post of "typical aussies ruin AUST"
I agree if "typical aussies" = stereotypical illiterate crocodile dundee, kath and kim types.
Is it somehow "un"Australian to speak correct english?

Generator

HSC
N/A
As we have asked, what is 'correct' English? Why are they illiterate for merely adopting their own form of Australian English? Why should we be ashamed of Strine?

I could argue the point myself, but Wikipedia should suffice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_English#Broad.2C_General_and_Cultivated_Australian_English

An interesting section that you should take particular note of, I think:

Negative evaluations of Australian English, like those of many other English dialects, tend to centre on the belief, or come from the perspective that other forms of English (especially Received Pronunciation) are superior. These evaluations of Australian English are simple value judgments and essentially meaningless, although largely made by Australians. Nevertheless, some Australians have developed an unwarranted complex of inferiority about their accent.

malkin86

HSC
It's a matter of the register you speak English at. If you are speaking to someone higher in social status or learning than yourself, or about serious topics, you will generally speak in a formal register, with fewer colloquialisms. If you are speaking to your peers ("mates", if you will), you will generally speak in an informal register, using the common argot. "Avagoodweegend?" - "Have you passed your weekend enjoyably?" Knowing the difference between when the two are used is a vital social skill.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Generator said:
Why should we be ashamed of Strine?
So why is that speakers of this so-called "strine" hobo dialect of english, tend to have received less education than speakers of the "normal" english?

Generator

HSC
N/A
supercharged said:
So why is that speakers of this so-called "strine" hobo dialect of english, tend to have received less education than speakers of the "normal" english?
Hobo dialect? Education plays a role, but at the same time I would gladly wager that my education is (and will be) far more extensive than your own yet I still revert to strine on occasions and will continue to do so (see malkin's post).

Once again, what makes the less formal forms of English 'inferior'?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)