Types of Trials (1 Viewer)

zhongie

HSC
Does what Trial you do (CSSA, Independent, NEAP, etc.) affect your mark, and ultimately your UAI?

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
I dont think doing different trial papers will affect the overall picture.

think of it this way, if you do an independent paper, everyone is going to get good assessment mark, then you goto hsc and everybody will only get a moderate result, so in the end your assessment marks are moderated down.

if you do a catholic trial, chances are everyone will under perform since it is ususally harder than HSC paper. but that also means you will do better in the HSC and assessment is moderated higher to your HSC level.

so its essentially the same, i hope my explanation makes sense

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
no it doesnt.

everyone at YOUR school will have done the same paper, so no one will be disadvantaged or vice versa.

i'll give an example.

school (a)
alan: 1st - 100%
alex: 2nd - 90%
allana: 3rd - 80%

school (b)
bob: 1st - 50%
brian: 2nd - 45%
bill: 3rd - 40%

now if school (a) students get marks x, y and z. consider that it is in order, mark for allan > alex > allana. they will get certain uai's.

if bob, brian and bill also get hsc marks of x, y and z. (again keeping the order, bob > brian > bill) then the same positions in the schools will have same uai's. allan = bob, alex = brian, etc.

you see how having a lower INTERNAL mark submitted to the board doesnt affect anything. the internal marks only determine your ranks, more importantly, relative differences between ranks.

hope that was clear enough...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)