Two units of English, but which ones? (1 Viewer)

angelbird72

HSC
Hi, this has probably been asked before but I'm too lazy and inept to find it...

I know that at least two units of English are counted towards your UAI as well as your 8 other best units. I am currently doing 12 units for year 12, and this includes extension 2 English. My question is, is it that my best two units of English will be counted, or will it definitely be my advanced units? I ask this because Advanced English is at the moment by far my worst course marks wise (all up I do 4 units of maths, chemistry, French beginners and 4 units of english) and I was kind of hoping my extensions could step in and help me out.

I don't know why but I just haven't flourished with my Advanced english course, I just seem to keep stuffing it up.

So does my Advanced English have to count or not?

P

pLuvia

If you do EE2 the best 2 units out the 4 units of english units you have will be counted, so if your advanced units are higher than you extension units then that will be counted, if one of your extension units is higher than your advanced unit then they might halve your advanced units and add it onto the extension unit and so on.

So to answer your question, no, it's the best 2 units of the english units you do

angelbird72

HSC
cool. I'm really happy about that. I don't like the advanced course, and I crashed and burned in my speech so my ranking isn't very good at the moment at all, but in EE1 and EE2 I'm going a whole lot better. I just have to not screw them up now and it's all good.

Thanks heaps

ssglain

HSC
I asked my deputy principal about the same issue at the beginning of Yr 12. She had no idea so she asked the local BOS liaison officer when she came to our Yr 12 info evening and the official guidelines regarding this is exactly as pLuvia said. So be assured that if EE1 & EE2 are your two best units of English, they will be the ones that count towards your UAI.

I too did much better in EE1 than Adv Eng throughout Yr 11. Isn't it funny that so many extension students find the same? This is partially the reason I decided to take EE2, but I dropped it a couple of weeks ago because my Adv & EE1 marks & ranks are holding up after several assessments and I could really do with 1 less unit and 3 hours less of after school lessons per week.

Best of luck to you with the major work!

kony

HSC
say you do 12 units, 4u eng 4u maths 2 chem 2 phys

if u get 0/100 for phys.

do all 4 of ur eng units count?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
watatank said:
of course they would! why wouldnt it?
The UAI is composed of the 2 best units of english, then 8 other units, with at least 4 subjects being counted in the UAI. It depends whether UAC counts the extension courses as seperate subjects, but if it doesn't count the extensions as seperate subjects, then Physics may have to count. I'm not entirely sure about this though.

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
The UAI is composed of the 2 best units of english, then 8 other units, with at least 4 subjects being counted in the UAI. It depends whether UAC counts the extension courses as seperate subjects, but if it doesn't count the extensions as seperate subjects, then Physics may have to count. I'm not entirely sure about this though.
Oh I assumed three and four unit math were two seperate subjects...

ssglain

HSC
kony said:
say you do 12 units, 4u eng 4u maths 2 chem 2 phys

if u get 0/100 for phys.

do all 4 of ur eng units count?
Too bad. You don't do 4 units of Eng any more. All speculation is futile.

Regarding how to get 0/100 for physics, let me propose you should try your very best to get the last internal rank and spend your 2 hours of HSC physics exam time composing an eloquent hate letter to the board. That way your HSC exam mark will be 0 and your internal will be moderated to 0. Yay!

idling fire

HSC
ssglain said:
Regarding how to get 0/100 for physics, let me propose you should try your very best to get the last internal rank and spend your 2 hours of HSC physics exam time composing an eloquent hate letter to the board. That way your HSC exam mark will be 0 and your internal will be moderated to 0. Yay!
So THAT'S how it's done.

princesskt

HSC
*breathes a sigh of relief* im glad thats so, coz adv is one my worst as well :S but in my ext's im doing better. tis weird.. but yea.. tho im only doing 11 units so one of my adv will be counted.. heh.. ill just do the best i can in all :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)