Two questions (Trends + Statistics) (1 Viewer)

sy37

HSC
1: How important is learning the trends eg recent trends / current stance of fiscal / monetary policy etc. Say you can explain them if given the data, but you don't really remember exact figures or precise details. Has a question in the hsc ever appeared asking you for specific statistics / reasons about trends with no data or stimulus (i.e. they expect you to know everything from the top of your head)

2. How important are statistics in economic essays? Some questions don't really look like they need statistics as much, but I don't think it is looked down upon at the marking centre?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
1: How important is learning the trends eg recent trends / current stance of fiscal / monetary policy etc. Say you can explain them if given the data, but you don't really remember exact figures or precise details. Has a question in the hsc ever appeared asking you for specific statistics / reasons about trends with no data or stimulus (i.e. they expect you to know everything from the top of your head)

2. How important are statistics in economic essays? Some questions don't really look like they need statistics as much, but I don't think it is looked down upon at the marking centre?
this kid... thinks he can just rock up to an eco exam without any stats. do me a favour pleease, geddd outta here man shitt

Startales

HSC
Without trends, statistics and real life references, you will never get into the band 6 range for any essay even if the theory is perfect. This comment is straight from the head HSC economics marker at Cherrybrook.

sy37

HSC
Without trends, statistics and real life references, you will never get into the band 6 range for any essay even if the theory is perfect. This comment is straight from the head HSC economics marker at Cherrybrook.
Cool, real life references like eg "political corruption is rampant in Nigeria where president Obama criticised the nation's budget accounting methods, whereby 99% of expenditures were not accounted for and thus said lack of economic growth was due to this" etc something along the lines of that yeah?

milkytea99

HSC
Do you even eco m8?
OF course you need to know current trends and recent stats for eco, if not you're fked, esp for essays.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)