two potential food products to develop: what do you think? (1 Viewer)

rhia

salty
HSC
so, i'm working through a rather large assessment task for food product development this evening and for the next month.

i'm currently having difficult deciding upon what exactly to develop. my current options that i have given myself are:

a product developed for people with diabetes: e.g., a snack bar or similar convenience product, which is also generally healthy

-or-

a product developed for children (or others) with a peanut allergy who may have other allergies: e.g., a snack bar or similar convenience product with no peanuts (and maybe with no other things) again: which is also generally healthy

based on your studies in food technology, which food product would you consider most relavent in today's society? a diabetic product, or a product for people with (peanut) allergy?

thankies.

tennille

HSC
I also agree that a product designed for diabetic people would be more relevant. Diabetes is a growing epidemic, particularly in Australia.

vg_woz_here

HSC
ummm theres also the rise in peanut allergies too....esp in little children. it would benefit parents as well.

rhia

salty
HSC
well, thus the problem: diabetes (type-2) in both children and adults, and allergies in children are both increasingly problematic... so anything that would shift one in the direction of being more relavent than the other would be good.

so far, diabetes is winning, as currently the allergy thing is more related to children, and the population is aging and the over 60/65+ group of the area in which i live is the largest population... and so seems the best market segment to target.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)