Two options for Forensic biology/Biomed (1 Viewer)

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
Hey,
I was just wondering if anyone has done either or both of the following: Epidemiology and Public Health Microbiology or Introductory Haematology and Immunology and if they could tell me how it was in terms of how interesting it was and the difficulty etc :) thanks :lol:

Lachdog

HSC
Introductory haematology and immunology were both fairly interesting, and not particularly hard. Immunology required you to research a little bit but all the haematology info was given straight to you.
Public Health and Epi was hard and the assessments annoying.

sandz_2

HSC
I havent done haematology and immuno, but i done Epidemiology and Public Health Microbiology last semester and it is not an easy subject. You need to remember lots and lots of scientific names like Staph. aureus and recognise them on the many many agar plates and under the microscope. Each week you have an investigation such as a food poisoning outbreak, and you will do a series of tests to find out the cause. It has 2 x 2 hr pracs a week, 2 x 1 hr lecs a few mini tests, reports and prac exams as well. At the start of the semes, i was thinking how am i ever going to pass this subject, but if you put in some effort, it is passable and turned out to be an alright subject

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)