• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

TV shows from our childhood...*sigh* (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Everyone always forgets Soo. Just because she was a nerd and wasn't funny doesn't mean she wasn't part of the gang.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
heres one no-one i know remembers,

SAMURAI PIZZA CATS

EDIT: oh and some other faves- play school, agros cartoon connection, romper room, johnson and friends, gumby, madeline, postman pat

Last edited:

muldersgun

HSC
MACGYVER..........de de daa de de daa de de daa de de de daa daa daa

The mullet, the theme song, Richard Dean Anderson, Man who could forget MacGyver?

Last edited:

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Did anyone mention Transformers, all the boys watched that and teenage mutant ninja turtles. i feel sorry for the lil ppl nowadays they can never have anything as good as we had.

Oh and scooby doo, man i love that show.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess

SAMURAI PIZZA CATS
oh!!!!!!!!!! i remember! never really liked it though...

and barney was a bit after our generation wasnt it? maybe im mistaken

ohh and what about lamb chops play along....

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
i remember art attack used to be fav....

I so remember art attack, it used to always be on in the holidays. that guy was a genius. He could take a possum, a torch, and two tennis balls and turn it into a life potrait of someone famous.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
sumari pizza cats i do not remember

art attack was great, and mr squiggle

lam chops ruled, and baney was after us

macgyver.. what was that? i remember the name

eveajac

art attack rocked! i know that this is totally off track but if you loved that show like i did, you should (after the hsc of course!) go to the website: www.artattack.co.uk (or go there now to waste some time) coz it has the coolest looking things to make! i feel like just spending an arvo getting out all the glue and poster paint and getting my hands dirty and getting in touch with my little kid days.
That art attack guy was truly the best.

HEY!!!! i just remembered...does anyone remember MAN-O-MAN??? Where they pushed the guys in the pool???? that show rocked! they should bring it back

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
care bears!!!!!!
i was obsesseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed with it!!!!!! the one with the rainbow was my fav... it was pink i think

2000 YAY what a lovely round number... and FINALLY a status change.... i was sick of it

Buggdogg

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by eveajac
HEY!!!! i just remembered...does anyone remember MAN-O-MAN??? Where they pushed the guys in the pool???? that show rocked! they should bring it back
So on the wave length, i used to watch that even tho im a guy ( BACK OFF! i was little). man how shit would that look now.

chris42

HSC
Yeah, Tin Tin is back on the ABC lately about 6:00 ish I think, anyone remember Captain Planet, the original series ?

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
omg reading this thread has made me sooo nostalgic
the days of innocence are gone
::sniff::
aaarrgghhhh
*runs of in little giddy schoolgirl hysterics

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Whoa, what the fuck have you got against Mr Squiggle. He was a great artist!!

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess

SAMURAI PIZZA CATS
Yes. They had more fur than any turtle ever had..Samurai pizza cats... Unfortunately, it hasn't been aired for about eight years (I last remember it being on in 1995, when Agro was still good..)

Does anyone remember The Wuzzles? People seem to remember the rest of the 1980's Disney cartoons, but this one seems to have fallen through the memory hole.

Enjoyed it, at least then.. Nostalgia isn't everything. The scary thing is that I actually enjoyed GI Joe when I was 5 or so.. Damn jingoism. (Although in my defence, I was turned against war when I turned the television on early one morning in 1991 to watch Astro Boy, only to find the lovable artificial hero replaced by footage of the Gulf War. A shame..)

It used to be a special thing for me to watch stuff like Agro prior to 1992, as I lived near Coffs Harbour, which at that time only had two channels; ABC and NRTV (At least we got 'Yogi's Treasure Hunt'..) Memories..

Anyone have a rude awakening upon seeing a beloved childhood program anew? I saw Fat Albert again last year.. What a bad show that was.. So preachy, so unfunny, such a childhood thing..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)