tv capture card/tuner? (1 Viewer)

funniboi

HSC
hey guys, i'm just wondering whats the cheapest and most relaible tv capture card/tuner (those cards that lets you watch tv on your pc), and what are the system requirements for them. is it clear? does it have all the channels?

what would you suggest?

personal experiences?

anyone have one / used one before?

thanks guys :) *hugs*

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yes its clear, yes it has all the channels [ free to air ones] and even some channels you probabyl didnt know were broadcasting like al HD stuff... if you are going to get one get one that has HD
i think ours was like 300$
system requirements i dont think are anything special except dont have a shit graphics card

funniboi

HSC
Serius said:
yes its clear, yes it has all the channels [ free to air ones] and even some channels you probabyl didnt know were broadcasting like al HD stuff... if you are going to get one get one that has HD
i think ours was like 300$
system requirements i dont think are anything special except dont have a shit graphics card

what brand names would you recommend?

and what's the cheapest ones out that works good a charm!

price range: preferable under $120 :)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Got a Compro digital/analogue for around $130. No problems, everything is going on pretty well. Has the ability to turn PC on for recording (never used it though) which could be handy.

funniboi

HSC
Templar said:
Got a Compro digital/analogue for around $130. No problems, everything is going on pretty well. Has the ability to turn PC on for recording (never used it though) which could be handy.

what were the sys requirements, as my build is pretty old :(

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Something like 1.6GHz for digital and 500MHz for analogue. It should be on their website. On my 3.2GHz (hyperthreading on) system I have no problem running two copies of Prime95 and watching digital TV, although when recording there is some lag. This persisted running one copy of Prime95 on one virtual core and the TV program on another, but disappears should you allow both programs to use any core they want.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Can't remember what it was and the website doesn't say. System requirements didn't really bother me since I had pretty much top end components at that time.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus
http://www.dvico.com/products_dvbt_plus.html

P4 2.6 with a NVIDIA GeForce 5600 works great can pick up High Definition, Digital and Analogue free to air TV, haven’t had any problems with it so far and is what I would recommend but it all depends on how much your willing to spend.

funniboi

HSC
recommend me one for my sys.

1.4ghz amd - geforce2 :D

price <$120

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i got a Pinnacle PCTV, pretty good execpt it cant pick up HD and digital f, i might upgrade it, not sure how it would run on your computer though. works fine on mine (about a year old). im pretty sure its relativly cheap too.

s1n1Ster

HSC
N/A
I got the Tevion Xpert TV7134 from Aldi a year ago, works like a charm has all the features and was only $70.

HSC
I picked up a Prime95 about two years ago for around $60. Works great, has television (no HD though), radio and can connect to other devices such as video recorder or a gaming console. they are a great invesment.

i think i might get a new one soon with HD capabilities.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
euskadi_warrior said:
I picked up a Prime95 about two years ago
Prime95? Strange name for a card, considering what it is better known for in the computing community.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)