Tutors doing all the work..... (1 Viewer)

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
It's quite common for people to get english tutoring to improve their writing and there are a few in my class who have private tutors. what bothers me ALOT is that one of them gets their tutor to write the essays and whatnot for them. We recently received our results back for an assessment task weighing 20% or 25% and that his tutor did like 80% of the work (he pretty much told half the class lol). I read the analysis and holy crap it was so pro *O*, obviously not his work because I have seen him write without a tutor and he's on level with a Year 8 kid. Funnily enough he didn't come first, he only came 4th and everyone was telling him to get a new tutor to do the assessment for him ;D
We have another assessment due in a few weeks or so and his tutor has pretty much finished it for him and he's already memorising pre-written essays for the hsc (btw im in yr 11).

i'm pretty sure alot of ppl already do this but are memorising essays effective and should i confront the teacher about this issue? (im pretty sure it's useless anyway)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
In life, there are always going to be cheaters.

Remember, the HSC is not about challenging those within your cohort, but is rather challenging the whole state. How are you going to control 70,000 people? How can anyone control 70,000 people? Malpractice in any form, is going to invariably occur in every school. The source of this can be broken down to the artificial importance that is placed on the HSC as the determinant of future lifestyle, which stimulates the unwavering growth of malpractice. It's a competition.

If anyone wants to cheat, let them. You can't stop that kid from cheating. It's just like having a gut instinct that someone is guilty of a crime, but lacking the evidence to charge him. Eventually, he will enter into university with poor writing skills and do horribly. If he happens to surpass university, he will enter the workforce lacking all the necessary skills. He's an individual who says "hey tutor, do my essay and I'll pay you" or "hey tutor, another task for you to do". You can't tell someone to do your job.

Just focus on improving yourself, and you'll be fine.

monsta4lyfe

HSC
I think the thing to remember here is that this form of cheating is harming nobody except himself. Think about it. It's not like just because his result is better than most people's that as a result you or your classmates will do worse. Quite the contrary, its a good thing for everybody else.

Of course, as what Spiritual Being has stated, he is screwing himself over by depriving himself of the necessary skills needed to enter university. His tutor will more than likely not be able to help him in w/e course he chooses, so he'll have to either hire a university professor as his tutor (very unlikely) or come to the realisation he will have to do the work himself. He is, surely, doomed to fail.

So I wouldn't worry about it, really, it's not a matter worth persuing.

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
In life, there are always going to be cheaters.

Remember, the HSC is not about challenging those within your cohort, but is rather challenging the whole state. How are you going to control 70,000 people? How can anyone control 70,000 people? Malpractice in any form, is going to invariably occur in every school. The source of this can be broken down to the artificial importance that is placed on the HSC as the determinant of future lifestyle, which stimulates the unwavering growth of malpractice. It's a competition.

If anyone wants to cheat, let them. You can't stop that kid from cheating. It's just like having a gut instinct that someone is guilty of a crime, but lacking the evidence to charge him. Eventually, he will enter into university with poor writing skills and do horribly. If he happens to surpass university, he will enter the workforce lacking all the necessary skills. He's an individual who says "hey tutor, do my essay and I'll pay you" or "hey tutor, another task for you to do". You can't tell someone to do your job.

Just focus on improving yourself, and you'll be fine.
well yea i guess it's true, the thought of him cheating really gets onto my nerves

I think the thing to remember here is that this form of cheating is harming nobody except himself. Think about it. It's not like just because his result is better than most people's that as a result you or your classmates will do worse. Quite the contrary, its a good thing for everybody else.

Of course, as what Spiritual Being has stated, he is screwing himself over by depriving himself of the necessary skills needed to enter university. His tutor will more than likely not be able to help him in w/e course he chooses, so he'll have to either hire a university professor as his tutor (very unlikely) or come to the realisation he will have to do the work himself. He is, surely, doomed to fail.

So I wouldn't worry about it, really, it's not a matter worth persuing.
well there could be people who did the course that would tutor him :L

NWO

HSC
lmao teachers these days no offense suck. Althought the tutor had done 80% of his assessment, he didn't come first? Teachers cant really mark these days. Have u watched the news that bad teachers are being sacked. and lol if u memorise it for HSC and get good marks good for u XD

NWO

HSC
lmao teachers these days no offense suck. Althought the tutor had done 80% of his assessment, he didn't come first? Teachers cant really mark these days. Have u watched the news that bad teachers are being sacked. and lol if u memorise it for HSC and get good marks good for u XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)