• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tutoring (1 Viewer)

Brad567

HSC
Hi,

I am a really bright boy with a high IQ and do very well at school. Despite this I get very stressed out and am not always that effective when I study which hinders my performance. I currently have a business studies tutor and a maths tutor. I dropped my Englsish and History tutor because I felt that she was not helping but am not sure if I should get a tutor for englush and history as I have two really good teachers but my parents are prepared to spend the money. I really do not know what to do.

aimeev

HSC
If you have good teachers and don't think you need tutoring then you shouldn't get any. Later on if you're having any difficulties you can always get a tutor to help.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
If you're doing well in those subjects, there shouldn't be too much of a need to get tutoring.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Difficult scenario as you failed to spell English correctly every time:(

Aplus

HSC
N/A
If you're doing well in class perhaps you could do tutoring to accelerate your learning instead of using it as a supporting sort of role.

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
Why so much tutoring?
Tutoring means nothing if you aint motivated.

If your committed you dont need it.

I duxed my school with no tutoring.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
I'd defiantly find a new tutor if your parents were happy to pay.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Sure, my two tutoring classes are to keep myself highly motivated, otherwise I'd die at school. Of course they are worth it.

However, with that many tutoring classes, I have to say you're damn rich, plus your school is damn bad to keep a 'bright' boy like you interested, and your 'good' teachers are not that good???

Is there any need for B.S. tutoring? I thought History only requires memorizing?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Brad567 said:
I am a really bright boy with a high IQ and do very well at school. Despite this I get very stressed out and am not always that effective when I study which hinders my performance. I currently have a business studies tutor and a maths tutor. I dropped my Englsish and History tutor because I felt that she was not helping but am not sure if I should get a tutor for englush and history as I have two really good teachers but my parents are prepared to spend the money. I really do not know what to do.
Brad, you have to evaluate yourself what tutors can provide you and what tutors CANNOT provide you.

Let me see... first thing that comes up in my mind is your "high IQ". That is something that tutors cannot give. If you have one, USE IT! Forget about getting a tutor for subject where you already have good teachers, just work your ass off.

Tutors can provide you with further understanding of topics but there is no guarantee that tutors can always increase your performance. Having too many tutors will backfire you and having tutors is sometimes very troublesome.

I am sincerely sorry that I could not answer your question effectively but I am prepared to give you pages of answers if you send me a message. I will help you if I can. Ok?

Bye

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)