Tutoring (1 Viewer)

Jiao

HSC
Wondering if anyone knows how i should start earning money by tutoring? After my HSC i plan on tutoring some people. But still thinking about it.:eek:

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
xiao1985 said:
or become self employed... advertise here...

its almost impossible to find students to tutor on BOS because there's always someone there with alot more experience, alot smarter, and atleast a few people with uai's of 100. tutorcentral is really good, so is www.tutorfinder.com. i put my crap on there, got like 5 people interested within like 2-3 weeks...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
rnitya_25 said:
its almost impossible to find students to tutor on BOS because there's always someone there with alot more experience, alot smarter, and atleast a few people with uai's of 100. tutorcentral is really good, so is www.tutorfinder.com. i put my crap on there, got like 5 people interested within like 2-3 weeks...
i am not sayin tutorin centre is nto good... but on the other hand smart =/=haveing an overwhelming advantage nor does exp necessarily...

i started with a not high uai, no exp, and for the first year, i got all my students from bos...

besides, nothing stops you from doing both...

tennille

HSC
And just because people have UAIs doesn't mean they're a good tutor. Also, they may not live in the same area as some students.

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Tennille said:
And just because people have UAIs doesn't mean they're a good tutor. Also, they may not live in the same area as some students.
very true. as the saying goes, u should never judge a book by its cover. LOL

also, being a good student doesnt necessarily mean ur a good teacher. learning is different from teaching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)