Tutoring for LAT? (1 Viewer)

Sherlock

HSC
N/A
Is tutoring for the LAT recommended? I know that UNSW highly suggests against coaching, but what do people generally think?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Is tutoring for the LAT recommended? I know that UNSW highly suggests against coaching, but what do people generally think?
Well since UNSW says that it's not recommended (and LAT is done at UNSW) then it's best to go with what they say. It's like UMAT, do you need UMAT tutoring to do well? Not necessarily because UMAT is really exposing you to heaps of questions which require critical thinking in order to solve problems all in a limited time frame-this can be done by practicing questions by yourself and not so much tutoring

I heard that LAT tests your critical thinking and analytical skills, I don't think much of this can be achieved through LAT tutoring as it's possible to develop these skills on your own, by exposing yourself to heaps of practice and learning through mistakes

Last edited:

si2136

HSC
N/A
There's not much point. Pay attention to your surroundings and good luck.

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
man i thought it was that business again and simorgh was already in on the shit talk

am dissapointed now

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Lets be honest, are the people running these tutoring program really in a better position than you to understand what LAT is? It is the first time LAT is being conducted. I am in my final year of Law at UNSW and I have HDed law subjects. Even then I wouldn't even be comfortable with tutoring LAT. My friends who have performed better than me and secured associateships/tip staff positions with the High Court/Supreme Court Judges are not confident either. Not sure how some people who are say in 2nd/3d year law feel that they are confident enough to run these sessions.

I guess we could help you improve your writing skills but you don't need a "LAT" tutor for that. The LAT is not a legal essay. it's just a normal essay. If you want to do well practice writing and seek feedback from your English teachers.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Lets be honest, are the people running these tutoring program really in a better position than you to understand what LAT is? It is the first time LAT is being conducted. I am in my final year of Law at UNSW and I have HDed law subjects. Even then I wouldn't even be comfortable with tutoring LAT. My friends who have performed better than me and secured associateships/tip staff positions with the High Court/Supreme Court Judges are not confident either. Not sure how some people who are say in 2nd/3d year law feel that they are confident enough to run these sessions.

I guess we could help you improve your writing skills but you don't need a "LAT" tutor for that. The LAT is not a legal essay. it's just a normal essay. If you want to do well practice writing and seek feedback from your English teachers.
I think maybe you should read this to understand what we're actually talking about

http://community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/331960/confessions-4223.html#post7177701

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)