Tutoring and Trial Papers (1 Viewer)

s97127

HSC
Hey guys
for 3U and 4u does anyone have any idea of which trial papers (e.g from schools, other organisations, the neap cssa company exams, etc) are the closest to the type of questions that are examined by the hsc and similar in difficulty?
I have sadly done many questions from all the HSC 3u and 4u papers due to my stupid tutoring so it won't reflect my real performance when I do these papers properly when we get closer to trials.
i have a similar question but for tutoring places like Dr Du, Kurt, Ngo and sons, SCOM...etc. Is it really helpful? Why cannot jr kids can just do past papers instead of going to dr Du?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
i have a similar question but for tutoring places like Dr Du, Kurt, Ngo and sons, SCOM...etc. Is it really helpful? Why cannot jr kids can just do past papers instead of going to dr Du?
Du is good

Also it’s not only about just doing past papers

s97127

HSC
Du is good

Also it’s not only about just doing past papers
can you please tell me how going to dr Du will benefit you?

>> Also it’s not only about just doing past papers

Please clarify this. Thanks

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC

@Penthmin will probably be a better advocate for Dr Du

It’s because everyone does past papers right, so the effectiveness isn’t really as high as everyone thinks it is … maybe survivorship bias has a role to play here. It’s more so about how you use the past papers
don’t get me wrong though they’re still good to do

moonsuyoung

HSC
stfu ngo and sons lsr

Dr Du is good to introduce you to new concepts. Past papers are the way to go for assessments. If you run out, tuition resources r helpful
bro has beef with ngo and sons damn

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC

Du has such a structured way in introducing topics. They always start with theory (that are made on the day... ie not text that is pretyped to present to the class). Du is expensive, but the stuff u get for it is more than worth it ie homeowrk help zooms, hw hints, etc

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Hey guys
for 3U and 4u does anyone have any idea of which trial papers (e.g from schools, other organisations, the neap cssa company exams, etc) are the closest to the type of questions that are examined by the hsc and similar in difficulty?
I have sadly done many questions from all the HSC 3u and 4u papers due to my stupid tutoring so it won't reflect my real performance when I do these papers properly when we get closer to trials.
skill issue + ratio

s97127

HSC
Du has such a structured way in introducing topics. They always start with theory (that are made on the day... ie not text that is pretyped to present to the class). Du is expensive, but the stuff u get for it is more than worth it ie homeowrk help zooms, hw hints, etc
when Dr Du introduces a new topic, does he give you anything else besides the formula from the Cambridge textbook? If not then i don't understand how students are willing to pay almost $3000/term for 4u math. Dr Du has a very good business model where he can have classes of up to 50 students from selective schools, give them difficult questions and charge them a lot of money.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
when Dr Du introduces a new topic, does he give you anything else besides the formula from the Cambridge textbook? If not then i don't understand how students are willing to pay almost $3000/term for 4u math. Dr Du has a very good business model where he can have classes of up to 50 students from selective schools, give them difficult questions and charge them a lot of money.
where tf did u get cambridge from lmfao

s97127

HSC
Agreed. Most of my jr friends started going to dr Du in year 8 (doing year 9) and one of them go to both dr Du and Kurt. Their parents force them to go so they have no choice. Some good students go to dr Du for resources only because they can learn the content themselves.

there's also a factor of peer pressure - say if you were top 5 ranking internally within jr, if you knew everyone above and below you in ranking was doing tutoring and you weren't, would you do tutoring?
This is a hard question. If i could maintain the rank (top 5) at jr then i would not go.

hscgirl

HSC
@s97127 do u not go maths tutoring?? and given u go to a v good selective school, u should probs do maths tutoring (just saying, bc most top 10 selective school students do tutoring)

s97127

HSC
@s97127 do u not go maths tutoring?? and given u go to a v good selective school, u should probs do maths tutoring (just saying, bc most top 10 selective school students do tutoring)
no, my parents do not force me to go but i can if i want to. I've been told by people who did well in high school now that high atar does not mean anything in uni as it does not give you any edge at all. Also, dr Du is too expensive and having seen his homework booklets, i don't think it's worth almost $6000/term for both 3u and 4u.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)