Tutorial population (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
hey..i was wondering whether it's better to enrol in a tut with more people( say nearly full) or a tut with next to no people.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Which is better for you?

Ones with less people mean you have more of the tutor's focus, ones with more mean you have a wider variety for groupwork.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
More People
- More conversation and discussion
- More ability to hide when you haven't done your tute work
- More potential friends, an important thing for 1st year students
- More ability to hide from the idiot fucktard who trys to be your friend

Less People
- More individual focus and dealing with you individually
- Less fucktards as a direct result of having less people
- Friendlier tutors = better marking

Both have pros and cons.

santaslayer

HSC
Depends if there are particapation marks involved and what type of score you want. Choose the one with less people if you're going for marks.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Ok rather then creating another thread, for hist107 on the web ct site there isnt any tutorial exercise links until the 3rd of march. .'. is it safe to assume that there will be no tutes that week. i know its been asked a million times before but whats one more going to hurt. i wish the hist people were as nice as the pol people who sent me an email telling me all this, cause i think im working all day on my first hist tute, and i would really prefer to work 9 hours i need my $100+ right now =/

Aussiechick

HSC
if you're worried email the lecturer, I did that for all my other subjects after I got the email from politics just to be sure - in my case, only politics is having a tute in the first week :)

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
Aussie chick what are all your subjects again?

I've got pol111, ccs105, engl120 and mgmt110. Seems like heaps of people are doing pol111.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
thats cos pol111 is EASY....easy to get a D, and if you put in a bit of effort you could end up with a HD

santaslayer

HSC
Tenille said:
Ok rather then creating another thread, for hist107 on the web ct site there isnt any tutorial exercise links until the 3rd of march. .'. is it safe to assume that there will be no tutes that week. i know its been asked a million times before but whats one more going to hurt. i wish the hist people were as nice as the pol people who sent me an email telling me all this, cause i think im working all day on my first hist tute, and i would really prefer to work 9 hours i need my $100+ right now =/
Go to another tute held by the same tutor. Inform them beforehand if possible Tutors are supposed to be nice. =P

Aussiechick

HSC
pam17 said:
Aussie chick what are all your subjects again?

I've got pol111, ccs105, engl120 and mgmt110. Seems like heaps of people are doing pol111.
I'm doing pol111, engl120, soc103 and eduf111 :)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
And follow the rule of 'if in doubt, just don't turn up'. It works for me, nothing worse than turning up and nobody being there.

Maianbarian

Speaking of tutes.... I think I managed to enrol in a tute that is reserved for bluescope students... It's perfect for my timetable though so hopefully they'll let me stay :)

Scanorama

HSC
So any tutorials/labs/pracs on the first week? Namely CSCI103, MATH121, CSCI114 and EESC101. Thanks :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)