Tutorial Help...? (1 Viewer)

UNSW !!
HSC
Hey Guys,

Here's the deal...

I was in a tut Thursday 1PM-2PM, I got an email saying a new tut had opened up on Monday at 12PM-1PM that better fit my schedule.

I assumed it was in the same room, making it possible for me to walk it in time after a lecture, so I swapped the tut to the Monday one. Then I find out that the room is different, other end of campus to the lecture before to it - making it ridiculously hard to get to on time if I attend the full lecture.

So, I go to change it back to the Thursday and it's gone !! It was at 31/30 capacity while I was included, now it's at 30/30.

Other tut's in the same category are at 32/30. Why can't I get back in? It was a matter of seconds :(

I've emailed my faculty explaining the situation but as per usual I'm trying all avenues at the same time to get a (hopefully) quicker response lol :)

Any help would be very good - for my sanity at least :)

Thanks guys.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
You can't get back in because it's full. Just suck it up and walk it. Everything starts 5 minutes after the hour and finishes 5 minutes before, just so you can get to classes where they're on the other side of campus.

UNSW !!
HSC
I am an ACCESS student (in regards to a back related medical issue) and it would talk me a little longer than other people to walk the campus (at least for the first semester). And I don't want to start the year KNOWING I will be late EVERY week, scared I'll get there and them say "youre too late, you've missed too much of the class", or hurt myself trying to get there.

I emailed the Faculty and they gave me the email address for the coordinator so I can ask permission to get back in :)

Thank goodness :) hopefully they let me back in.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
being an access student for proper medical reasons, i'd think that's a good enough reason for you to get back into that tute.

but it would probably depend on the seating capacity of the room as well..

UNSW !!
HSC
I didn't think of the seating capacity, however it was at 31/30 before I left the tut, which I assume means it'll be ok :)

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
should be ok then :)

just make sure u mention you're medical condition, so they'd know that it's a valid request, not 'i wanna b with mai frends'

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
I am an ACCESS student (in regards to a back related medical issue) and it would talk me a little longer than other people to walk the campus (at least for the first semester). And I don't want to start the year KNOWING I will be late EVERY week, scared I'll get there and them say "youre too late, you've missed too much of the class", or hurt myself trying to get there.

I emailed the Faculty and they gave me the email address for the coordinator so I can ask permission to get back in :)

Thank goodness :) hopefully they let me back in.
You've got a legitimate reason (medical) as far as I'm concerned. The faculty should be able to accomodate your request or at least give you a reasonable alternative.

UNSW !!
HSC
Lol I guess because I have a real reason and I didn't even think that people would try to email the unit coordinator with the 'want to be with my friends' reason lol.

Let you know how it goes :)

Thanks everyone :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)