Tutes (1 Viewer)

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
So whats everyones tutes like..mine:

[color=light blue]LATIN[/color]: Very boring..but its learning a language..i really dont see teh piont of tehse..everyone ive talked to agrees we get nothing for them..LOL..in fact it has be dubbed teh weekly sleep period..they guy who delievers them..speaks in thsi very droll monotone...its very good for curing insomnia..he missed his calling...

ANCIENT not tooo bad..were completely outta wack with the lectures, the tutes are around 3 qweeks ahead of teh lectures..which isnt suppose to be the case..my main problem heer is our lack of ability to stay on topic...lol..like somehow we ended up analysin teh usyd motto instead of talkin about Greek coloniastion in the Archaic period..but still teher worth while

HISTORY Would be better if teh readings didnt put me to sleep..and if it wasnt so forced fed..plus those hundred word exercises shit me off..especially when they tell us to respond to one freakin sentace...bahh i hate these tutes..they bore me!!!

ENGLISH WORKSHOPS These are good, without them i wouldnt have had a clue, plus Craigs very cool and funny, gives plenty of goss about happenings in teh world, explains the work well...even if we o take forever to get through anything cos we get sidetraked..teh sidetrackin helps to create a really good understanding!

so thats my tute experiences..hwo about teh rest of ya!?

Adam

HSC
MATH1002: Crap tutor = crap time, useless.
MATH1001: Heaps good tutor, I actually learn stuff.
CHEM1001: Useless, just goes through (optional) assignment answers.
ENGG1800: Heaps good, we get to build towers :p
ENGG1801: Useless, I just do the work at home and don't turn up.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
ACCT tutes - FANTASTIC!! :D
ECMT workshop- MARVELLOUS !! :D
CLAW Tutes- WONDERFUL ! :D
ECON tutes - good ! :)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by shelley
So whats everyones tutes like..mine:
HISTORY Would be better if teh readings
didnt put me to sleep..and if it wasnt so forced fed..plus those hundred word exercises shit me off..especially when they tell us to respond to one freakin sentace...bahh i hate these tutes..they bore me!!!
Yes.

I dislike my HSTY 1025 tutorials immensely.. Its spoon-feeding (Particuarly ironic for the Sutton Hoo tute), we're not allowed to get into any of the interesting aspects, and the 100 word exercises are inherently flawed. Seriously, how can we come up with an insightful judgement in such a short space? I keep losing marks for taking out things just to fit in the blasted word limit. Angers me, it does. Shelley, what time is your tutorial?

But my other three tutorials are all good. Plenty of discussion and good banter, so that does make up for it, in a sense.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
maths1901: time flies by... can't even catch it... tis like i sit down, i pick up my pen, 1hr's gone
maths1902: as above...
chem1901: not that much helpful... esp i usually fell asleep... i prefer not to go, but moral says the otherwise
phys1901: definitely fun!!! majorly, team workshop, and we discuss problems etc etc... i like it =D
acct1001: going thru questions due... not that fun, but very helpful indeed =)

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Incidentally, some of my tutorials (ie; Philosophy) occur immediately after Math tutorials, and the various writings on the board appear to be almost in another language. Thats Maths for you.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Gregor Samsa
Incidentally, some of my tutorials (ie; Philosophy) occur immediately after Math tutorials, and the various writings on the board appear to be almost in another language. Thats Maths for you.
No, that's philosophy for you.

I was in the philosophy lecture today at 4pm. It's just logic with words. It's SO MUCH EASIER to understand the logical principles first before you start relating it to everyday stuff. You're being taught backwards, in a very clumsy manner.

Kittycat

HSC
My Clin1001 is pretty good.....except for the fact that I don't have any friends there....
No, I am not anti social, I know the people & get along with them but they are ... well .. don't know them well enough to call them my friends

The Uni screwed up my timetable. They put one of my tutorials shraight after my Clincial Visits. They expect me to finish my clinical visits at 11am (at Concord Hospital) & be back at the Uni by 11am. How stupid is that?

Last edited:

Carlito

HSC
my maths1001 tute isnt that good but 1002 is heaps good

elec1101 1 have 2 tutors, but one does everything (she) and the other does nothing (he). tis rather amusing cause he started writing answeres on the board and she rubbed them out and did them again herself.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
Re: Re: Tutes

[ Shelley, what time is your tutorial? [/B]
tuesdays 2pm..though this week i attended one on thursday...yea those exercises are stupid..i ended up 60 words over this time..lol..yes there liek u should mentioned this..and i think where exactly?! lol..

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Re: Re: Re: Tutes

tuesdays 2pm..though this week i attended one on thursday...yea those exercises are stupid..i ended up 60 words over this time..lol..yes there liek u should mentioned this..and i think where exactly?! lol..
What's civilasyion?

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Re: Re: Re: Tutes

Gadzooks. You share my tutorial. I'm the orange-haired one who tends to ramble frequently in an attempt to ward off his own boredom.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
No, that's philosophy for you.

I was in the philosophy lecture today at 4pm. It's just logic with words. It's SO MUCH EASIER to understand the logical principles first before you start relating it to everyday stuff. You're being taught backwards, in a very clumsy manner.
No, what I mean is seeing the remnants of the prior tutorial on the board before mine actually begins. (Not strictly related to logic either, I believe.) As far as I know, that has little to do with being 'taught backwards, in a very clumsy manner', but just with university-level mathematics.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
maths1901: time flies by... can't even catch it... tis like i sit down, i pick up my pen, 1hr's gone
maths1902: as above...
chem1901: not that much helpful... esp i usually fell asleep... i prefer not to go, but moral says the otherwise
phys1901: definitely fun!!! majorly, team workshop, and we discuss problems etc etc... i like it =D
mine are pretty much what xiao said- except that i simply do not attend the chem tutes. at all (except when there are quizes on)...ask xiao and he'll confirm this. ;)

and btw- I HATE PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY LABS!!!!!

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
No, what I mean is seeing the remnants of the prior tutorial on the board before mine actually begins. (Not strictly related to logic either, I believe.) As far as I know, that has little to do with being 'taught backwards, in a very clumsy manner', but just with university-level mathematics.
I'm just commenting that philosophy logic is taught in a clumsy manner, it's fundamentally identical to mathematical logic, with one proviso: In maths you can prove that a statement is correct from axioms, and then use them in your argument. In philosophy, you can argue over the truth of statements that you're basing the argument on.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
mine are pretty much what xiao said- except that i simply do not attend the chem tutes. at all (except when there are quizes on)...ask xiao and he'll confirm this. ;)

and btw- I HATE PHYSICS AND CHEMISTRY LABS!!!!!
yea... lazy bum!!!! =(

and yea,... i agree... phys lab is bad...well, at least one session is bad, the rest of em is alryte...

i like that russian dude... he's sooo nice to us!!! and he talks funni too, i like his accent =)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
...and yea,... i agree... phys lab is bad...well, at least one session is bad, the rest of em is alryte...

i like that russian dude... he's sooo nice to us!!! and he talks funni too, i like his accent =)
well if u didn't keep screwing up the phys. labs, maybe i might like it. :p :lol:

yeah, the russian (ex- KGB agent) dude is kool and funny too. :rofl:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
hehe true that but still- i just needed a reason to bag out xiao. :lol:
pfftt... u big meanie... u screw up 24 7!!!

haha not nice to blame others for your own inadiquacies freakin
^^ yea, no kiddin!!! he's sooo nice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)