Tutes question (1 Viewer)

Skriker

HSC
Just wondering if it is good to do a tute at night? like from 6pm till 7pm? or would I be missing out on all the socializing? Im just Not too sure when to pick my tute times :/

gwenwiver

HSC
N/A
Depends on which university you are going to attend. At some universities the evening tutorials are for the parttime students as it is assumed they work in the daytime. One good thing about attending tutorials with part-time students is that you may be able to find out about jobs and do some useful networking.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Just wondering if it is good to do a tute at night? like from 6pm till 7pm? or would I be missing out on all the socializing? Im just Not too sure when to pick my tute times :/

Most students want to get their uni day over and done with ie: no night tutes.

Millsy90

HSC
Depends on how far you have to travel...getting home at 8pm on a freezing winters evening is not fun.

I would recommend afternoon tutes...sure you get a lot more students but you get home at a decent time before the traffic.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
Depends on how far you have to travel...getting home at 8pm on a freezing winters evening is not fun.

I would recommend afternoon tutes...sure you get a lot more students but you get home at a decent time before the traffic.
^he has it right

Depends on A- How far do you travel? If its long i say do afternoon tutes that way you don't get home too late, if you live close to your uni then it doesn't really matter.
B- Are you going by car, train or motorcycle? Motorcycle is good for anytime since we can use bus lanes in peak hour and if you feel like doing something illegal you can lane split :-D
I would never take a car to the city after 6:30am or before 6pm (i hate traffic that's why i ride)
Train is good at anytime so long as there is good service on your line.
I haven't been to uni but i went to Ultimo tafe so i can't really say anything about socializing, from what i hear the city is still alive at night it's just that most of your uni mates would have probably gone home.

P.s. for those of you that don't know what lane splitting is its when you go in between cars, usually in stopped traffic.

Last edited:

Skriker

HSC
^he has it right

Depends on A- How far do you travel? If its long i say do afternoon tutes that way you don't get home too late, if you live close to your uni then it doesn't really matter.
B- Are you going by car, train or motorcycle? Motorcycle is good for anytime since we can use bus lanes in peak hour and if you feel like doing something illegal you can lane split :-D
I would never take a car to the city after 6:30am or before 6pm (i hate traffic that's why i ride)
Train is good at anytime so long as there is good service on your line.
I haven't been to uni but i went to Ultimo tafe so i can't really say anything about socializing, from what i hear the city is still alive at night it's just that most of your uni mates would have probably gone home.

P.s. for those of you that don't know what lane splitting is its when you go in between cars, usually in stopped traffic.
Lmao I will be in Canberra......not much of a city there :) so yeah living on campus latest tute is around 17:30-18:30 so I guess its not that bad.

MathsIsWeird

HSC
Lmao I will be in Canberra......not much of a city there :) so yeah living on campus latest tute is around 17:30-18:30 so I guess its not that bad.
Yep definitely not much of a city there haha.
Seeing as how you are living on campus you can do it at whatever time you like, anyone got any suggestions for him about what time the parties start? :D

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Seeing as how you are living on campus you can do it at whatever time you like, anyone got any suggestions for him about what time the parties start? :D
Most likely in the evening as everyone is recovering from the partying the night before. :lol:

Skriker

HSC
Best part I am looking forward too :D

Most likely in the evening as everyone is recovering from the partying the night before. :lol:
SO TRUE LOL. :)

MathsIsWeird

HSC
I have never been to uni let alone a uni party before and im just curious, are the parties usually held on campus by and for people that live on campus or is it a come one come all event.
Or is it held somewhere near the uni?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)