Turbo Pascal Help Needed... (1 Viewer)

B35tY

HSC
We're learning Pascal as an introduction to structured programming, and i'm having a lot of trouble understanding how loops work. I get the general concept, but whatever i type comes out with a random error message, different each time.

If it helps, i'm using Turbo Pascal 7.0, and my knowledge is very limited (my highest achievement so far is to make a Celcius to Farenheit temp converter!).

Can anyone show me a program they have written that has worked, so i can see what i should be doing. Even when i directly copy something a tutorial tells me to type, i get an error message. However, if you found a tutorial extremely useful, link me to it and i will see if it helps.

Thanks in advance..... :(

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
If it's not working when you copy it from a tutorial, then I doubt it is your code that's wrong. In C++ and Java, you have to include or import all the data libraries and classes you're going to use. If you don't do this, your code, correct as it is, won't work.

1) what error message?
2) give an example of the entire code for one of your programs which does not work.

B35tY

HSC
false alarm, sorry guys.
Our teacher went over it all for us today, and i think i get it now.....

thanks for your concern anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)