TSFX Lecture (1 Viewer)

eaudereema

Fancy Pants
HSC
Is anybody going to the Mastering the HSC lecture tomorrow at UNSW?

Or, did anyone go to the one today?

One of my mates who just did her HSC said these lectures (not specifically TSFX) could be really good or just okay

I'm going to the one tomorrow, and I'd like to hear from anyone who went to the one today, or has been to something like this before?

LordPc

HSC
went to the first class today, when you are motivated to work and study hard, they told you how to study effectively and what to do and what not to do. however actually getting motivated, which was a problem for most (through a raising of hands survey at the start) wasnt really covered. so although many now know how to study properly, some may not ever get motivated enough to do so

in the first few minutes time management and goal setting were stressed, however many pages were glossed over due to lack of time and so goal setting wasnt really explained, its in the notes so we have to learn it ourselves. so they stressed time management but ran out of time in the end. point to ponder over there...

so overall it was a good day for what was covered in the lecture even if it wasnt everything, with some useful tips. but session definately needed to be longer

and a final note: take food, only a few vending machines there and nothing else

onlinenooby

HSC
I went to the saturday course in the morning..I must say it did work for me. As you can see today i woke up at 5 am just to get some study done...

Basically, what the lecturer said was provided in a booklet titled "Mastering the HSC". Inside it provided some useful tips, motivational quotes, and just some general knowledge about how the body works and how to maximise its potential.

Some of the tips i've gathered from the lecture are below...
The showed you how to manage stress
  • Exercise
  • Get plenty of sleep
  • Well balanced diet.
  • Take regular breaks, ie 10 minutes for each 50 minutes which is more effective then 30 minutes for each 2.5 hours.
  • Accept the fact that you will do thinks you won't enjoy
  • Think positively..
  • Any many others i just forgot.
The main tip i learned from the course was from the following:
In general, people retain
  • 10% of what they read ie. Handouts
  • 20% of what they see ie. Flip-charts.
  • 30% of what they hear ie. Audiotapes.
  • 50 % of what they hear and see ie. Videos and lectures.
  • 70% of what they say and discuss ie Study groups
  • 80% of what they say and do. ie, Role play.
So basically, the lecture is saying, say your revision out allowed, obtain an object (Doll, w.e) and speak to it. Practice over and over through speech, two to three times a week to learn your stuff quickly..

Thats all i can rememember..

All in all it was a good lecture a little boring time to time, but lecturer was funny so that was alrite.

eaudereema

Fancy Pants
HSC
Thanks for replying boys!

I went to the one this morning.

Yeah, I thought it was really good, even if it did get a little boring at times, but that might have been because I went by myself, like a massive loser

And I swear the lecturer is my extension english teacher's sister.

Yeah, I found the stats about the most effective 'hows' in studying really interesting too

Do you think you'll go to stuff like this in the future?

Slim9

HSC
Do you know if there is another lecture for "Mastering the HSC". Or when the next one is? Cheers

eaudereema

Fancy Pants
HSC
Slim9 said:
Do you know if there is another lecture for "Mastering the HSC". Or when the next one is? Cheers
Hey,
I'm so sorry I only just saw this post now. If you look up TSFX on the net and just register with the site, they'll send you emails and mail about upcoming lectures and events related to this stuff. There are other programs that hold stuff like this too, so if you wanted, you could look at EdAssist [which I heard is heaps good for modern history] and Alpha Omega [they cover science pretty well]

=]

eaudereema

Fancy Pants
HSC
-did anybody go to the recent one on trials?

I missed it 'cause I relied on an unreliable friend for a lift there

Any good?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
eaudereema said:
-did anybody go to the recent one on trials?

I missed it 'cause I relied on an unreliable friend for a lift there

Any good?
Go away...

eaudereema

Fancy Pants
HSC
um, lol?

if you're not interested in the post then why are you wasting your valuable time by reading and replying to it?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
eaudereema said:
um, lol?

if you're not interested in the post then why are you wasting your valuable time by reading and replying to it?
Tell me honestly, who else is not interested in your post? Everyone? I'm not referring to your original post, but the one where you asked whether or not people went to the one about the trials. Perhaps it would have been more prudent to ask in the HSC section - not the Preliminary one. It's you who should stop wasting our time.

Also, the fact that basically all your posts is about the TSFX lecture doesn't really put you in a better light. Get my drift?

eaudereema

Fancy Pants
HSC
OH - forgive me, I didn't even realise I'd posted this in the preliminary section.

The only reason I even posted about the TSFX lectures is because I didn't know anyone who'd been to them before or anything, and the one on trials seemed more promising than the initial one.

End of story?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)