• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

TSBTS: Ambrose Gorringe (1 Viewer)

k405-k1773n

HSC
Ugh! Speeches, I *hate* speeches... But I have to do one. Oh woe is me. Anyway, I need to talk about one character and I've decided on good 'ol Ambrose. I've read the book, but I don't know where to start. 4 and a half minutes on this guy. Suggestions...? ^^;;

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
k405-k1773n said:
Ugh! Speeches, I *hate* speeches... But I have to do one. Oh woe is me. Anyway, I need to talk about one character and I've decided on good 'ol Ambrose. I've read the book, but I don't know where to start. 4 and a half minutes on this guy. Suggestions...? ^^;;
Easy as pie.:)

Ambrose is a horrendously wealthy and private man who values very little in the world apart from his extremely private castle(which he likes to keep that way). He also has somewhat of an obsession with death as can be seen with his collection of artefacts. He is also amoral and manipulative to the extreme when protecting the privacy of his domain and has no qualms whatsoever in having others die in the process of him maintaining his privacy.

Essentially what you need to do is gather points on Ambrose which I've started for you - start with character based ones first, then go through the book and back each one up with an event. Then you simply need to integrate your points about Ambrose until you have a strong, flowing speech. Don't forget some oral techniques as well.

When you have something solid, feel free to raise some more specific questions or post what you have to be critiqued. :)

k405-k1773n

HSC
Sugoii~! Thankyou! I've startd my speech, it sounds a bit crappy atm, but I should be able to fix it up by Wednesday... Yay! *jumps around in glee*

benjams

HSC
hey - you should also (quite obviously) talk about his character change - from likeable to complete argh scary, seedy old man

k405-k1773n

HSC
^^;; Yah, my speech was today! I've done it! And luckily I did say he turned really creepy >.< Arghm he's my least favourite character in the book, but he is interesting to a certain extent... In a really... Creepy... Dishonest way. >.<

k405-k1773n

HSC
Hehe.. I think 'seedy' is a bit of an understatement... But he does make the book kinda interesting now that I look back on it.. I got a good mark for the speech too! Woo hoo!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)