Trying to convince my parents to reschedule UCAT back 2 weeks (1 Viewer)

gamja

HSC
Hope everyone's ucat prep is going great - I've just started school holidays and realised that I'm crap at UCAT after doing some timed tests (I've been doing mainly just untimed practise questions so far which was a BIG mistake), and my exam is approaching at a rapid rate on Mon Jul 3 (10 days from now).

My trials are in 52 days from Mon Aug 14, so in efforts to balance time for UCAT and trials I'm planning to reschedle UCAT back two weeks to 17th of July.

My parents disagree 1. they think that more time won't improve UCAT marks anyway 2. trials involves studying more content for more subjects hence I shouldn't push back UCAT.

Because UCAT is ~30% of the entry requirements for my goal course of med and trials is only 30% of my internals which again is basically half of ~30% of my med entry requirements (~4.5% grand total vs ~30%) [although HSC is more important in itself outside med] I want to reschedule based on my unpreparedness.

Any convincing arguments why I should/should not reschedule?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Hope everyone's ucat prep is going great - I've just started school holidays and realised that I'm crap at UCAT after doing some timed tests (I've been doing mainly just untimed practise questions so far which was a BIG mistake), and my exam is approaching at a rapid rate on Mon Jul 3 (10 days from now).

My trials are in 52 days from Mon Aug 14, so in efforts to balance time for UCAT and trials I'm planning to reschedle UCAT back two weeks to 17th of July.

My parents disagree 1. they think that more time won't improve UCAT marks anyway 2. trials involves studying more content for more subjects hence I shouldn't push back UCAT.

Because UCAT is ~30% of the entry requirements for my goal course of med and trials is only 30% of my internals which again is basically half of ~30% of my med entry requirements (~4.5% grand total vs ~30%) [although HSC is more important in itself outside med] I want to reschedule based on my unpreparedness.

ooo based on this i reckon u should keep ur ucat date as it is bc u don't want it to conflict with ur trial studying. tbf tho, if u reschedule to july 17th, u still have a month between then and trials so it shouldn't disrupt ur studying too much.
given all this tho, if u rlly rlly want to push back ur ucat (which i see where ur parents r coming from when they say that time doesn't improve ucat marks) to study more, u can stress to them that some universities consider ucat scores at different rates.

eg. newcastle considers admissions thru: 33% ucat, 33% atar, 33% interview. so u can see that ucat makes up a large part of ur admission portfolio. that being said, the more stressed out u are then the less likely ur able to perform well in the ucat. if u feel that ull walk into the exam more relaxed in a couple weeks time compared to 10 days, then raise these points with ur parents 🤷‍♀️

idkkdi

HSC

do what you won't regret, which seems like rescheduling

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)