Truth Frontline based Assessment! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys
I could use any help your willing to offer on my assessment on 'Telling the Truth'. I need some decent related materials and any other advice on what angle to tackle this question on and how.
Cheers here it is.

"Stitch (creator of frontline) uses the frontline team to highlight systemic ethical problems within the media industry"

Discuss this quote making reference to:
-2 episodes of frontline
-2 pieces of related material

In your answer you must consider:
- how the truth operates within the media realm
- the process by which truth can be distorted, manipulated, represented and misrepresented.

Any ideas? Thanks in advanced guys :)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Marcus Aurelius said:
Hey guys
I could use any help your willing to offer on my assessment on 'Telling the Truth'. I need some decent related materials and any other advice on what angle to tackle this question on and how.
Cheers here it is.

"Stitch (creator of frontline) uses the frontline team to highlight systemic ethical problems within the media industry"

Discuss this quote making reference to:
-2 episodes of frontline
-2 pieces of related material

In your answer you must consider:
- how the truth operates within the media realm
- the process by which truth can be distorted, manipulated, represented and misrepresented.

Any ideas? Thanks in advanced guys :)
you should mention how the composer(Sitch) uses camera angles and parody to manipulate our views of the media, you should also discuss how the Frontline team ie Brooke, the producer, Emma, manipulate their viewers such as Brookes editing of the "leso" story, or how Mike backs down from airing his "huge" story in Smaller Fish to Fry, and mention the media's lack of respect for the truth etc.

Jennibeans

HSC
"The Siege"
Call was "totally irresponsible, you (Mike) puts those childrens' lives at risk"
Team disregards safety os hostages to get story told - what is more important?
Even the most trustworthy cannot be unquestionably trusted - link to Emma whose behaviour is usually impeccable yet this time she makes the call to the gunman and cuts off other networks by having him leave the phone off the hook.
Brooke's dealing with Mrs. Forbes e.g. "would you be able to cry again?" Does this display ethical interviewing practices?
Is a dramatic example of consequences of poor ethical standards (i.e. second gunman calling Mike)
Race between ratings & ethics - what is more important?
Influence of hierarchy - Brian has very little ethical standards so the employees of his team follow this example

HSC
Thanks guys, it seems like your right as the teacher said some pretty similar stuff.
However, I still gotta find some killer related materials that suit this question perfectly. Everyone else is doing some boring overused and abused crap like another damn simpsons episode (not that I'm knocking the simpsons as the simpsons rock) and that sought of thing is what I'm trying to avoid.
Any ideas?
Cheers

ball_of_anger

HSC
If you want i got a killer Ppt presentation that got 1st in the grade you can have as a guide. but i need a favour in return, i need a journey essay - physical journey skrynecki, stim booklet and related text. if you have one or no sum1 that has this essay, would be so helpful.

HSC
I'll see what i can do but i can't make any guarantees. I don't think the other english class did a journeys essay on skrynek or watever and i did imaginative journeys not physical. I'll let u know how it goes but i doubt i'll find anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)