• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Trust in doctors (1 Viewer)

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
The problem with doctors is that they are fundementally human, just like the patients. Therefore, they are just as susceptible to the mental fears and prejudices as non-doctors. This really comes down to how much you trust other humans beings, and your ability to judge and hold onto that judgement of others.

That said, I would trust a doctor more than, say, a naturopath or a chinese herbalist, simply because they are more qualified in medicine. There is also the ever-present fact that the scientific method is a far better indicator of usefulness and reliability than anecdotal evidence.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i dont have a set doctor, i just go to the nearest medical centre and go to whoever is available first/ i havent been impressed with many, one in particular was downright rude to me and said there was nothing wrong with me, when i had glandular fever which ending up landing me in hospital. i think because they have a lot of patients to see they just dont always have the time to spend with their patients, and i find it hard to find a really good doctor. if i did i would stick with them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)