troubled... (1 Viewer)

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
is it true that all the poems you write have to be interrelated somehow?

Serpentia

yes of course. What is the point in submitting a set of poems that don't relate to eachother - what can you write about in your reflection statement? It doesnt need to be an absolutely concrete link, but a link is as good as necessary

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
i didn't think they had to be interrelated because i thought the markers would want more variety, but obviously i stand corrected :p

is a metaphoric link ok?

i still have a year to go so i guess i can alter all my poems to relate somehow...

mandalay

cortigiana onesta
HSC
what exactly do you have to incoporate into a reflection statement? :S

HSC
The Reflection Statement:
·summarises the intent of the work and the relationship it has with the extensive independent investigation
·must include an outline of the intended audience for the Major Work and the purpose for which it was composed
·supports the Major Work explaining the relationships of concept, structure, technical and language features and conventions
·should explain the development of concepts during the process of composition making the links clear between independent investigation and the development of the finished product

Khypheneight

HSC
Felow Poet...

Nope, they don't have to relate... do a collection of poems and they can each have a totally different topic base...

steffo

steph
HSC
mandalay said:
i didn't think they had to be interrelated because i thought the markers would want more variety, but obviously i stand corrected :p

is a metaphoric link ok?

i still have a year to go so i guess i can alter all my poems to relate somehow...

what do u mean you still have a year? if you are writing now what u intend to submit next year you will get soooo sick of it, and probably hate it by then. just going by general trends in writing.
i wouldn't really stress this year at all about writing stuff for next year

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
steffo said:
what do u mean you still have a year? if you are writing now what u intend to submit next year you will get soooo sick of it, and probably hate it by then. just going by general trends in writing.
i wouldn't really stress this year at all about writing stuff for next year
it was posted in may 2004...

i think what was meant by a year was the due date for 2004.. although that wouldn't have been a year rather only about 3 months and if it was a year from then then that would also be incorrect because from may 2004 to august 2005 that's 15 months...

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Khypheneight said:
Nope, they don't have to relate... do a collection of poems and they can each have a totally different topic base...
That is correct...

according to syllabus:

You can either choose to write a suite of poems, a collection of poems or an extended poem.

-The suite of poems should be linked in theme and/or structure

-The collection could develop a single or diverse concept(s)

steffo

steph
HSC
physician said:
it was posted in may 2004...

i think what was meant by a year was the due date for 2004.. although that wouldn't have been a year rather only about 3 months and if it was a year from then then that would also be incorrect because from may 2004 to august 2005 that's 15 months...

oh well i DO apologise

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)