Tribute to Roberto Baggio (1 Viewer)

untamedanimal

This is a tribute to Roberto Baggio, one of the best world cup players ever. Tomorrow morning he will play what seems to be his last match in the azzuri colours against Spain. I thank the italian coach for giving him a chance to go out with style. Recent articles in uefa.com suggests he has not ruled him out for Euro 2004 with his good form and lack of injuries this season, and particularly if injuries occur to other players. Whatever the result, we will never forget the divine ponytail.

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
and the world cup 94 penalty miss ... on a more serz note what a player! great stuff that the Italians have been good enuf to pick him ...

untamedanimal

If anyone else but him missed i would blame them, but seeing that he basically carried Italy through nearly all the knockout stages, and they wouldnt have made the final if it wasnt for him, i think he deserves more recognition of his triumphs rather than his one blunder.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
Yeah.. great player, great that he's being allowed to say his farewell on the international stage. I doubt he'll be in the Italian side though.. unless a LOT of injures come up

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Italia will miss Roby.. a true showman.

on the topic:

www.robertobaggio.com/games

awesome free kick game!

and when you miss a penalty, you will see quotes like:

"penalties are only missed by those courageous enough to take them"

hmmmm... :)

untamedanimal

Yeh it seems as though hes accepted that he wont be playing in the euro 2004, but just seeing him on the sidelines would be help the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)