Trials (1 Viewer)

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
How did you prepare for your CSSA trials?
For English, I made sure I knew my essay analyses well and practised writing them in a timely manner. For the short answer section, I remember our teacher giving us a booklet containing several texts (written and visual) as well as questions about those. I was able to complete most of those and this helped me in applying my knowledge of techniques and such to exam questions more effectively.

For maths, I went through some textbook questions from each topic to make sure I understood the content as a start. Once those were done, I attempted some CSSA Mathematics papers while doing my utmost to perform to the best of my abilities. The actual paper we sat was pretty hard in my opinion, but for someone with rather modest mathematical capabilities like myself, I was somewhat satisfied with a mark of 65.

For Business Studies, I made sure I was familiar with every single syllabus dot point and prepared my case studies for each topic. Once I was confident enough about my knowledge, I started completing past trial papers (both CSSA and Independent) and sought feedback from my teacher, particularly for my Section III and Section IV responses. The actual exam went well thankfully.

For IPT, I also made sure I thoroughly knew and understood the content from the mandatory topics as well as the optional topics. The approach I adopted as part of my preparations for IPT was a bit different as I particularly focused on James Ruse Agricultural High School past IPT trial papers as per my teacher's recommendations. Once I saw that my performance in the James Ruse papers was satisfactory, I felt that I was ready for the CSSA paper and this was thankfully the case.

I hope this helps! 😄

Liyamiza

HSC
just about finishing the 2u maths cssa and gotta say it's also pretty hard XD they just like torturing students it seems...
Which question did you struggle with the most?
and are you referring to CSSA 2021?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)