Trials start Monday but I got sick?! (1 Viewer)

yoyo0904

HSC
I could apply for illness and misadventure but it's too much of a hassle. I had maths tutoring earlier today and I was blowing my nose every 5 minutes and sneezing heaps. English is the first exam and since time is so tight, I'm really scared if I screw up. Should I notify my school and apply for illness/misadventure? Thanks

astroman

HSC
Yes you should, sneezing and a runny nose is a nightmare in exams, its super distracting and really annoys you so you wont be 100% focused, plus you will have to keep asking the supervisors for tissues which will waste your time. I suggest you go to the doctor, get some meds and a doctors certificate and don't do a test until you feel okay. In the meantime, contact your school if you can and rest to get better.

yoyo0904

HSC
Yes you should, sneezing and a runny nose is a nightmare in exams, its super distracting and really annoys you so you wont be 100% focused, plus you will have to keep asking the supervisors for tissues which will waste your time. I suggest you go to the doctor, get some meds and a doctors certificate and don't do a test until you feel okay. In the meantime, contact your school if you can and rest to get better.
Thanks for your advice and I agree, it is super distracting and painful. I've just emailed by year coordinator notifying her so hopefully she can get back to me and something will be arranged. I'm also going to the doctor tomorrow (most likely) to get a certificate =.= good luck with your trials!!

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
What if you skip the exam because of a cold and go to the doctor and he refuses to give you one because it's just a cold?

astroman

HSC
Thanks for your advice and I agree, it is super distracting and painful. I've just emailed by year coordinator notifying her so hopefully she can get back to me and something will be arranged. I'm also going to the doctor tomorrow (most likely) to get a certificate =.= good luck with your trials!!
thankyou, same to you, get well soon.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Even though it's a hassle to get all the appeals and medical forms organised, doing an important exam and sniffling will put you off :)

Good luck!

yoyo0904

HSC
[UPDATE]

I emailed my year coordinator and I've gotten a response from her. She said that I don't do an assessment task, I will be given an alternate task when I am feeling better. I'm not feeling any better compared to yesterday but I don't know if I should just suck it up and do the exams or do the alternate task later. I want to ask her about estimates, but I don't know how to bring it up without sounding like I don't want to sit the exam?

astroman

HSC
[UPDATE]

I emailed my year coordinator and I've gotten a response from her. She said that I don't do an assessment task, I will be given an alternate task when I am feeling better. I'm not feeling any better compared to yesterday but I don't know if I should just suck it up and do the exams or do the alternate task later. I want to ask her about estimates, but I don't know how to bring it up without sounding like I don't want to sit the exam?
dont do it if you are sick and can't. Try sitting for 2hrs head down, the snot will run down ur nose making it runny eew lol, alternative is not much different different questions but same difficulty.

JuliusSeizure

HSC
Go to a doctor, get a medical certificate and apply for illness/misadventure. What have u got to lose anyway?

yoyo0904

HSC
Go to a doctor, get a medical certificate and apply for illness/misadventure. What have u got to lose anyway?
Yup, I've already got a med certificate as a back up but apparently I can only apply for illness/misadventure if I don't actually turn up for the exam...I just really want to get discovery out of the way ughh. And if I do apply, I still have to do an alternate task later on...WHEN EVERYONES DONE WITH TRIALS :(

yoyo0904

HSC
dont do it if you are sick and can't. Try sitting for 2hrs head down, the snot will run down ur nose making it runny eew lol, alternative is not much different different questions but same difficulty.
Lol yeah true, its so gross. I just don't want to do exams when everyone else is done with them. I think I'll do the discovery paper tomorrow and see how I go sigh. Thanks!

yoyo0904

HSC
If you end up trying to go, take some cold and flu tablets. The proper day-time ones. They dry up all the stuff in your nose. Works for around 4 hours, so take spares.

Or shove tissues up your nostrils.
Haha yeah will do! Thanks :)

JuliusSeizure

HSC
Yup, I've already got a med certificate as a back up but apparently I can only apply for illness/misadventure if I don't actually turn up for the exam...I just really want to get discovery out of the way ughh. And if I do apply, I still have to do an alternate task later on...WHEN EVERYONES DONE WITH TRIALS :(
for us you get a med certificate and you sit the exam and they take it into consideration. is that the same for you?

forfoksakesss

HSC
Ive given in 4 medical certificates so far due to being sick during assessments and exams. constantly sneezing, coughing and having a runny nose isn't a distraction for yourself but for others too. so i didn't want to be selfish so whenever I was sick (coincidentally during the period of exams and assessments) i'd always get a medical certificate. i don't know if i'd get in trouble for getting too many docs certificate but literally, y.o.l.o (not really)

p.s can somebody let me know whether i'd get in trouble if i was to bring in too many docs certificates?

JuliusSeizure

HSC
p.s can somebody let me know whether i'd get in trouble if i was to bring in too many docs certificates?
depending on what the situation was. If its strung out over a period of time say months for just having a common cold then yes it would be suspicious but if it was something like glandular fever than that's different. If they haven't asked then dont worry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)