Trials Marks and Guide Books (1 Viewer)

wanted4911

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm just asking regarding the Trials for the School Certificate. How much did you guys get? and i think alot of the schools got the same trials paper. So yeah,,,

Also i got these 2 books called Excel Revise in a month For Maths and Science does anyone recommend these books from the board of studies? So yeah anyone studying for the SC? just asking some random questions:confused:

ok goodnight:wave:

sannous1

HSC
You probably did have the same trials as most schools. What did ur exams contain. 3 schools i know for a fact did the same exams as us for the trials, i gota say the science one was hard.

ihatetestz

HSC
34% in maths woooooo...... after studying that is. 12 days till SC i got heaps of time to catchup on THE WHOLE YEARS WORK ?

IM SCREWED.:wave:

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
Umm well we're doing our maths on friday, I'm expecting 90+. Did science yesterday and didn't find it too challenging. Got 41/50 for history. I think thats it.
And those were all without studying, don't bother studying it's not really worth it, most of the maths and science will be general knowledge.

wanted4911

HSC
sannous1

for me the trials for maths and science were a bit hard, top maths and science class... Think the other guys have any luck? Anyways the top mark for maths was 93 and the person who got it truly deserved it since he studied so hard for it. For science top Mark was 84 and i got 70, Crap i know:) our school had that question about The Endocrine system which controls coordination. Also for Maths we had questions like find the ratio of cows 2:3 in the non calculator section. Does it ring any bell? by the way im doin ext maths regardless of the mark i get for SC, Cool huh?

ihatetestz

lol don't stress yourself...

D347H574R

Thats good Diehard but i don't believe you saying hat you havn't studied for it.
Although its general knowledge for science its a bit different.

for History i think i got 44/50 so yeah and that was really easy lol

marxisming

HSC
hey i was wondering if anyone happened to have the same science trial that i did. i can recall questions like:

Discuss why Australia should support scientific research (climate change)
A shit diagram of a circuit in multiple choice asking you to identify the voltmeters, etc.
a Skills booklet relating to bacteria and antibiotics ( you had to draw something at one stage), reactivity of metals, other stuff i cant remember and a series of questions folowing that.
Constructing a sector graph
having to complete a combustion equation with octane in it

SECTION 1 / 50 SECTION 2 /10 SECTION 3 /40

does this ring a bell to anyone???

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Yep marx same science exam. I didn't do so well in it and it was a disappointing mark, but still passed, but not happy.

And for history got 39/50. Still not happy, just one mark away...but meh, trials only. Time to go through science, hist/geo and practice some english papers.

Laters.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Generally schools buy their trial papers from indepedent pplz rather than the teachers making their own exams.

wanted4911

HSC
marxisming

lol definitly rings a bell to me

its the exam we had as well

Razizi thats alright its Trials

so yeah hopefully this year's SC is reakky easy

keep my hopes up i mean i wanna go into yr 11 with a boost lol

yvettemaree47

HSC
It doesn't sound like I had the same exams as any of you guys, but here are my marks:
History: 44.5/50
Geography: 40/50
Science: 85/100
I got English back :) 76/90 or 84%
Our maths exam was in levels, I did the 5.3 exam and could've done better. Oh well.

After my last exam tomorrow, I plan to start studying for SC. SAVE ME! I'm really not in the mood to study, never am for that matter! Eugh! I can't wait till SC is over... I'm so stressed at the moment. I need a break!

Last edited:

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
wanted4911

Naa mate the only 'study' I have done is in science we did 2 (I think..) past exam papers in class, and 1 in maths.
The only thing I will study for before the exam is a bit of geo because I don't know if its the same everywhere but at our school we do 1st semester of geo, then 2nd of history, so I've sorta forgotten it all.

Alex2

HSC
yeah we did them same trials. Did you guys have teachers stopping you halfway through "by the way guys turn to question 45, its meant to say 'x' not 'y', sorry about that typo, get back to work" in every single exam.

did anyone have the english trial exam with the 'short' story at the beginning (took me more than the 10 mins reading time to read) about some kid who tries to hold his breath under water to be cool like the other kids or something. I know a couple of school around here had that one ....

anyway i got
maths 71/100
science 76/100
english 77/100
history 26/30 for written bit, dunno M/C results
geography about 25/30 i think, dunno M/C results

science was harder than i expected TBH - you know that question with the voltmeters?? how are you meant to know which ones are and aren't??

is it something like that voltmeters must , or must NOT be attached directly to an appliance/light etc on the circuit??? didn't really pay attention last years science.

Alex

marxisming

HSC
haha yeah we had that typo as well- something about light. refraction-> reflection-> refraction.

i got the same english paper as you.. shit.. that was probably the longest story i've seen in any test paper.

yeah the voltmeters cant be attached directly or it will affect the energy flow.

anyways i forgot to post mine up

Maths: 91/100
Science: 89/100
English: 83/100 i hate mc !
Geography: 47/50
History: 47/50

D347H574R

Liverpudlian
HSC
Alex2:
Yea mate I had that same english, that story was annoying, I read the first page then realised how long it was so I just didn't bother reading it and went straight to the questions. They tell you what lines to read anyway..

I don't remember the science question you're talking about but yea marx answered that for ya. I'll let you guys know all my results when I get them.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
marxisming said:
hey i was wondering if anyone happened to have the same science trial that i did. i can recall questions like:

Discuss why Australia should support scientific research (climate change)
A shit diagram of a circuit in multiple choice asking you to identify the voltmeters, etc.
a Skills booklet relating to bacteria and antibiotics ( you had to draw something at one stage), reactivity of metals, other stuff i cant remember and a series of questions folowing that.
Constructing a sector graph
having to complete a combustion equation with octane in it

SECTION 1 / 50 SECTION 2 /10 SECTION 3 /40

does this ring a bell to anyone???

got the same exam as you.

someone in my class was actually studying the test we were going to do before the exam took place

wanted4911

HSC
marxisming

Wow your marks are shockingly high, lol i havn't got my his and geo yet but my maths and science was crap! 70's, i mean you must have come first. Seriously i hate the school certificate! its pointless, my teacher says it doesn't give you any indication of how well you are in maths, Do you agree?

Also really who is studying hard for the SC unless your dropping out.
Anyways, i wanna know what kind of Guide books you guys are taking if any.

really... at the moment I really hate the SC and honestly i hope the Board of Studies makes it easier so we can al have a boost for yr 11. lol lets all start begging lol. Has anyone noticed how some papers are much easier than others or some sections are much easier that others?

so yeah

goodnight guys...

retarded777

HSC
N/A
got the same english trial Alex2........the mc waz awful lost like all my marks there....neway ended up wif 85/100....

im not sure abt the science test u guys r talkin abt but ours were great....94/100

maths -90/100

havent got the others yet

telekenixis

HSC
trials were disappointing:
english - 52%
science - 59.5%
history - 76%
maths - 77%
geography - 88%

Alex2

HSC
Yeah our maths teacher says the SC Maths is useless, too.

Oh and I realised I got 77/90 for english,... not /100 so i'm smarter than I thought... and well done to all you guys...

Our english teacher did that trial herself, and got a couple of wrong that herself, and our class are convinced are something differenet to what the answer says. Oh well.

Alex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)