Trials coming within 3 weeks! Need help with ATAR and ranks? (1 Viewer)

mrteeson

HSC
Hello people,
As we are all aware, the trials are coming right around the corner and everyone is studying their heads off to get the top ranks. Even though I have seen ATAR advisers and coordinates of my subjects i still need ideas and advices to boost up my ranks and also if with my realistic ranks can get me into the course I need to get in for university.
So here is my ranks which is according to my half yearly report:mad3::
English Stand: 9/68
SOR: 5/35
biology: 8/13
Chemistry: 10/16
Mathematics: 5/28
Mathematics Ext 1: 7/12

Yes I did poor:cry: in my Half yearly.. but significantly improved in my assessment task (approx according to results):
English Stand: 6/68
SOR: 5/35 (no assessment task)
biology: 7/13
Chemistry: 7/15
Mathematics: 4/28
Mathematics Ext 1: 6/12

These are my ranks atm, i am aiming for an ATAR of 93+ to get into USYD or UNSW medical science. People please give me your opinion on what I can improve(ranks, marks) on my performance and also if I am able to get into my desired course:confused: . Thank you
:wavey:

Last edited:

Thief

!!
HSC
When calculating ATARs, you also need to provide your school rank =)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
It gives an indication of overall performance of your cohort.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Because being ranked 10/50 at James Ruse can be very different to being ranked 10/50 at a rank 200 school.
Exactly.

A person coming first at Ruse will mostly likely be better than a person coming first at another school.

However, schools ranked 100+ vary dramatically each year, and they tend not to be constant- unlike James Ruse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)