Trials blackout ? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I've just heard my school won't give back trials until the 22nd of August as required by the board of studies. this seems pretty ridiculous to wait till week 5 of the final term to get feedback for subjects; leaving 4 weeks to improve all those weaknesses (assuming week 10 will have no work done)...you'd think youd need as much time as possible. Can anyone explain why we must wait ?

HSC
I've just heard my school won't give back trials until the 22nd of August as required by the board of studies. this seems pretty ridiculous to wait till week 5 of the final term to get feedback for subjects; leaving 4 weeks to improve all those weaknesses (assuming week 10 will have no work done)...you'd think youd need as much time as possible. Can anyone explain why we must wait ?
How will there be 4 weeks left to improve? From the 22nd of August you'll have 7 weeks till HSC begins.... You do know it begins on the 13/14th of October? :L

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
When have BOS ever had their shit together?

QZP

HSC
Security period on the commercial papers. Schools are not allowed to hand back those exams until after the security period to ensure that students who do the exams late do not get to see the paper unfairly

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Security period on the commercial papers. Schools are not allowed to hand back those exams until after the security period to ensure that students who do the exams late do not get to see the paper unfairly
when's the security period over?

HSC
How will there be 4 weeks left to improve? From the 22nd of August you'll have 7 weeks till HSC begins.... You do know it begins on the 13/14th of October? :L
dont know where you go to school but at my school we have a thing called teachers. they teach us the content. 4 weeks for them to teach me the skills and content which im struggling with is what i meant

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Both CSSA and the Independent Trials now have a security period for handing back the papers - permanently. Used to only be the Independents but now is both.

At my school the procedure will be that we hand back the paper, get the students to check the answers and adding up, and then we will collect them again and keep them until the end of the security period when we will give them back permanently.

Of course, as a teacher, I will have made notes on strengths and weaknesses of individual students and the cohort collectively to see what I need to concentrate on teaching over the rest of the term.

Not all schools do the Trials at the same time and some schools haven't even started theirs yet but they may be using the Independent or CSSA papers - particularly the Independents.

Thank_You

HSC
@cem, so in all in all, we don't actually get the papers back (for CSSA), but we just take a look what we got and check for marks are all added up?!

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
That will depend on your school. Mine will be doing that from tomorrow as we have to finalise reports etc by the end of Week 7. Other schools may take the view that due to the security period you can't even get the papers back to go through them etc until the end of the security period. It would be a school by school decision.

To the earlier poster who is blaming the BOS - not so - it is CSSA and the Independent Trials.

HSC
just to confirm, yes we got marks and exams back for most subjects (that had been already marked), but had to give the papers back till the 22nd. thanks for that insight cem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)