Trials and their relevance (1 Viewer)

How did you go in the trials?

• Excellent! I was totally motivated.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Considering my effort, I was pretty pleased.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Unfortunately, not as great as I was hoping.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Trials? We have trials now?

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

lm1122

HSC
Well, I must say that I didn't really try as much as I should have during the trials. I studied the night or two before (if at all), or in the case of physics, the 40 mins before the exam (and straight after my 3 hr french exam). Only now do i realise that the trials were the last internal assessments. Luckily, I scraped through, geting average marks (or, in some cases *cough* (maths) *cough* a bit under), but generally doing OK.

Anyway I was just wondering how much it really matters if i get most of my marks in the 60's and 70's in terms of calculating the UAI and all that. I do do 14 units of difficult subjects (phyics, chem, 3u maths & english & french etc), so it all gets scaled, right? Is it salvagable? :(

Mr.Ugly

you gotta compare your trials with the rest of the form, cuz they may have got like 10 which makes you super dooper smart

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I thought I did better than my marks have shown. As for my history trial, I was bedridden the week before and I wasn't able to study. Luckily my appeal came through, but I would have done better or attempted it better if I was feeling good and I had studied.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
I thought I did better than my marks have shown. As for my history trial, I was bedridden the week before and I wasn't able to study. Luckily my appeal came through, but I would have done better or attempted it better if I was feeling good and I had studied.
see no offence to you.... but the thing is that with these appeal thingy's i dont think they are really fair unless in extreme circumstances... im not refering specifically to you because i dont know what your situation was.... but the thing is that say soemone gets sick for a week before an exam... does that make THAT much of a difference because its not like they would have been studying for that whole week for that one subject.... unless you appealed in general that you couldnt study cause you were sick before trials... but HEAPS of people have been sick and missed exams as a result...
ok im coming across like a bitch IM SORRY but i dont know if i agree with the appeal thing.... what does it do? as in do they give you more marks after they know what you really got?

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Nah, you're not coming across as a bitch, I understand where you're coming from.

With my situation though, i've been doing pretty well in history and I had all my notes ready, looked over them briefly, but was planning to study hard in the space of a week where I had no exams. But I fell sick and as I said, I couldn't really get out of bed or stay awake, so history was pretty much the last thing on my mind.

I did pretty shit that day, 58/100, I was still sick and not up to sitting a 3 hour exam, but the teachers said it would be best if I did. I sat it, got my results and today my teacher told me that my appeal had gone through and I had gained only 11 more marks, which pushed my rank back to it's original spot.

Yami

My trials weren't too good, either. I absolutely bummed out in 2 unit Maths, and in Advanced English I barely scraped a pass. In my other subjects I have gotten a 75% average, which I think is kinda hopeless. I plan on working hard on my hsc and getting at least a band 5 for all my subjects, apart from Maths which i have no hope for.

It's that matters. Just do your best on the HSC and hope that you did better than most other people.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ahhh i see loz so you were actually still sick on the day you did it... well thats more understandable because otherwise it would be like... well who cares about the week before you could still study the night before as well as before the week before....
shit man i dont think thats right of your teacher to advise that you sit the exam because you probably would have been better off to take the day off and get a doctors certificate and do it later.... ohh well at least your rank wasnt sacraficed.... 11 marks is pretty good.... what do they base it on? does someone read your exam or do they just compare this performance to all your other assessments....

my friend put in a misadventure thing for her dance composition because the girl that was dancing for her (they have to make up a dance and teach another student) fell over will practicing the dance like 2 hours before she had to do it- this was the actual hsc not the trial... still waiting to see if it got through but the girl had a sprained ankle so it would be screwed if her appeal didnt go through

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Originally posted by Yami
My trials weren't too good, either. I absolutely bummed out in 2 unit Maths, and in Advanced English I barely scraped a pass. In my other subjects I have gotten a 75% average, which I think is kinda hopeless. I plan on working hard on my hsc and getting at least a band 5 for all my subjects, apart from Maths which i have no hope for.

It's that matters. Just do your best on the HSC and hope that you did better than most other people.
If you go to a selective school I wouldnt worry bout getting results round 60s-80s... Teachers mark it harder, its more competitve and your form will boost your overall assesment mark... As for people getting 90%... Well done... continue the great work but dont slacken off... cause your well on the way on to 95+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)