TRIALS and ESSAYS (1 Viewer)

dancegal

HSC
I'm SO confused as to how im supposed to prepare for the extented responses...ive been looking at past papers for trials and the HSC and it seems as though they can basically ask anything!

I have prepared 3 generic essays for the trials....

for questions 25/26 (or whatever they're called)
- a policies and issues essays covering all of Aus's eco issues (growth, unemployment, inflation, external stability, dist. of income and wealth...etc. ect.) and macro and micro policies available to the gov to address them

For questions 27/28
- an Australia essay covering impact of globalisation/changes in global economy on Aus economy - specifically on trade and exchange rate

- a case study essay covering pretty much everything - how globalisation has affected growth, trade, dist. of income and wealth, development etc. etc.

Will i be able to use bits of these and twist the info to suit whatever q they throw at me? ppl who did eco last year or year before - is this a really bad idea?
plz help!! thanx

schmackers

HSC
N/A
hey!

i'm planning on doing the same thing as you for my trials- prepare some general essays and hope that i can manipulate it to suit the question. I did that for our last assessments too and it turned out ok. Only problem was that my prepared essays were longer than what I could write in 40mins (so I could cover everything and in the exam, just pick pieces relevant to the question) and I had a bit of a time problem cos I couldn't think of what to leave out/include cos the question was so general.

Anyway, turned out fine so i'll be doing it again for trials. Couple of essays on issues and govt policies used to address them, one on globalisation and the Aust. economy, and one on a case study (China). Btw, did you treat "impact of globalisation" and "changes in the global economy" as kinda the same thing? thanks!

dancegal

HSC
hey,
im glad sum1 else is preparing the same way as me :)
yep even though "impact of globalisation" and "changes in the global economy" are different dot points i think they're pretty much the same thing...well i hope so neway!

V

vanbasten

Thats a good way to prepare but your only problem would be flexibility. I would rather learn the topic as well as possible, read as widely as possible and just practice doing past essays in 40 minutes. At this stage you should be looking to fine-tune technique, speed and accuracy rather than trying to manipulate content. However, if it worked for you previously then it should work for you in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)