Trial Questions - JFK (1 Viewer)

KrissiA

HSC
Hey all -

Just thought a few people could post up their Trial and/or half-yearly questions for your case study.. Could be helpful revision and getting a feel for what else is out there.

I'll post mine up when I get home. Thanks guys :)

Megan5

HSC
For Section 1 - our trial question was something along the lines of 'How do historians attempt to achieve objectivity in their work? Indeed, should they? Refer to the material above and any other sources/historians you have studied etc etc.'

For our case study (which is the nature of western imperialism in the 19th century) the question was -
"Analyse two areas of historical debate in relation to relevant historiographical issues within your chosen case study."

ane_st

HSC
My teacher said he bought the trial paper from some place that sells them :S so someone may have the same...

Trial Paper:
'Historians do not shed their ideological clothing or their personal feelings when they venture back into the past'
- Henry Reynolds, Why Weren't We Told, 1999

With reference to the above quotation and using your chosen case study.
Analyse the extent to which the historians are affected by the times in which they live?

Identify your case study at the beginning of your answer.

Other paper Q:
'Historians cannot erase the elements of their work that show their grounding in a particular time and place or their preference in a controversy...'

Assess the ways in which intepretations of two key debates in your case study have been shaped over time by historians context.

Identify your case study at the beginning of your answer.

I have another Q from this history study day thing..... i cant find it at the moment, when i do ill post it on here...

I have a Q for ppl... Do you know anyother questions they can ask us for Q1... my ext teacher says that they wont go back to the previous questions... so what i mean is, is what else can they ask us???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)