Trial HSC - Illness/misadventure appeals (1 Viewer)

Grobar

HSC
My Trial hsc exams begin on monday and i have influenza,what is the procedurefor illness in the trials and would i be able to complete the exams later on or would i just get an average.

theprettiestsin

HSC
Re: Trial HSC

hi wats influenzia?? i also have myh trials on monday
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop SCHOOLS NEarly OVER LETS ALL GO OUT AND GET COMPLETELY MUNNNNNNTED:eek: :eek:

Grobar

HSC

influenza is the flu, so would anyone what the procedure is for trial HSC Illness

L.M.F

HSC

Hi,

This is from the Official Board of Studies webiste. The booklet is "Rules and Procedures for 2007 HSC Candidates". You can download this booklet from the website or get a copy from your Year Adviser at school

16. Illness/misadventure appeals
If you believe that your performance in the examination was diminished because of circumstances beyond your control, you can lodge an illness/misadventure appeal.

(i) You may appeal for a variation to your results if you were prevented from
attending an examination, or you consider that your performance was affected
by illness or misadventure immediately before or during the examination.
Appeal forms are available from the presiding officer or your principal. Further
details of appeal procedures are on the form and on the Illness/Misadventure
Information Guide for Students sheet. It is your right and responsibility to lodge an appeal.

(ii) You must retain the acknowledgment slip from the illness/misadventure appeal form signed by the presiding officer or principal.

(iii) The illness/misadventure appeals process does not cover:
• difficulties in preparation or loss of preparation time;
• alleged deficiencies in tuition;
• loss of study time or facilities prior to the formal study vacation;
• misreading of the timetable;
• misreading of examination instructions;
• failure to enter for the examination in the correct course;
• long-term illness such as glandular fever, asthma and epilepsy – unless there is evidence of a sudden recurrence during the examination;
• courses which are undertaken as a self-tuition student.

(iv) If you have been granted special examination provisions such as extra time, you are generally not eligible for illness/misadventure appeals unless you experience additional difficulties during the examinations.

(v) If your appeal is upheld, you will be awarded the higher of your examination mark and your moderated assessment mark as your examination mark. Your ecord of Achievement will indicate if the assessment mark is used.

(vi) Illness/misadventure appeals for HSC written examinations must be lodged with the Office of the Board of Studies (not UAC) shortly after the examination in question. Appeals for practical examinations, performances or submitted works must be lodged within one week of the date of the examination, performance or submission.
(vii) Late appeals will be considered only in the most exceptional circumstances. The results of the appeal will be notified at the same time as the printed examination results. It is most important that you follow the instructions on the appeal form. If you do not, the chance of a successful appeal will be seriously jeopardised.​

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

I'd be calling the school first thing Monday morning explaining the situation and having Doctor's certificates and prove of illness ready.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A

sometimes they give you an average mark, which is referenced with your current rank in the grade so that its a rather more accurate estimate

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

It really does depend on the school though so I would be contacting them ASAP!

Grobar

HSC

yeh i will contact them on monday morining asap, thanx alot

HSC
Grobar said:
My Trial hsc exams begin on monday and i have influenza,what is the procedurefor illness in the trials and would i be able to complete the exams later on or would i just get an average.
go to your teachers first then go to your head teachers (who you go to first is a matter of who you are more comfortable seeing and who actually knows who you are etc, but preferably the head teacher) for each of your subjects and they will advise you on what to do.

bahhh

HSC
Same thing happened to me and I missed a couple exams.. I'm hoping I can just get averages though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)