Trial hsc exams (1 Viewer)

Rosem

HSC
N/A
hey when do our trials start?? n around wat time does yr 12 actually end like classes and stuff??

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Apparently the Trials start on Term 3 Week 3 to Week 4, or a little earlier, but definitely in Term 3.

Entire HSC topics including core & options are to be covered prior to the trials.
After that, it is entirely revision.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Without Wings said:
. Some schools run optional classes during the holidays for HSC revision etc.

Not all schools cover the entire syllabus in the trials. Some do their trials quite early and will finish a topic after the trials. It really depends on the school.

Our school offer seminars for Revision.....

And some faculties at our school purposely leave topics for after trials to 'keep us off the streets' and ensure we're still doing work.
I think i'd prefer it were all completed tho...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
nichhhole said:

And some faculties at our school purposely leave topics for after trials to 'keep us off the streets' and ensure we're still doing work.
After I did the SC it was utmost bullshit to be kept behind for bloody extra-curricular work or nothing to occupy ourselves during the day, I wouldn't be surprised if clever kids forged fake employer letters to falsify legitimate leave for "work purposes".

HSC i understand because it aint finished until mid-late novermber.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nichhhole said:

Same, I don't want to be learning new things after the trials, I've got other work to complete without learning new things.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Pretty well answered above.

But it is pretty different for most schools although since a lot of BOS memebers attend catholic and private schools they usually do the CSSA trials which is why a lot of people have their trials in August.

But it is up to the school when they want to set the trials and exactly what will be in them so the best advice is to ask your school.

Same with finishing the course completely up to the school and also up to the school what is tested in the trials and the time you finish school.

Maddy1012

HSC
f3nr15 said:
Apparently the Trials start on Term 3 Week 3 to Week 4, or a little earlier, but definitely in Term 3.

Entire HSC topics including core & options are to be covered prior to the trials.
After that, it is entirely revision.
except for english i was told... we are doing antony and cleopatra ( i think) and she said we would definately not be through it all so we would only be examined on the first couple of acts

-pari-

HSC
N/A
yeah. unfornately though for at least FOUR out of my 6 subjects, i'll be learning new topics, WHOLE topics after the trials

hence why i plan to do them myself in the coming holidays, dammit.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Depends on your school. If you go to a totally screwed school like mine that has decided to change everything and be different, your trials are at the end of of this term! :(

bmwz4

HSC
i have a lot of assessments this term, but after trials were going to learn new topics for sure like options for chem and bio and others...stupid delayed schools

Beege

HSC
Mine are in week 3 and 4 next term. I don't think my school is gonna finish business studies in time or they will just tell us to learn ourselves.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
mine are at the end of this term - wk 9 and 10 of term 2.

it's soon i know and its freakin me out esp. that ive got a major to do =(

i don't think the entire course for each of my subj. would be on the trials though.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I have been teaching the HSC since 1992 and I have never finished the course before the trials.

My main reason for doing this is that most students shut down as soon as the courses are finished and simply don't do anything.

If they have new material to learn then they remain on task for much longer and the topics can be bedded down better.

Some schools have a policy of finishing the courses before the trials, others after the trials and others leave it up to the individual teachers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)