Trial exam was copied exactly from past papers. (1 Viewer)

yungxerox

HSC
So, after now doing past HSC papers, i see that many of the questions in my biology trial exams were directly ripped straight from past HSC papers, around 60% of questions from my trial were simply the exact same question with no tweaks made taken from last 2015's and 2016's papers. I was just wondering if this was allowed, seeing as anyone could open the marking criteria and get an unfair advantage for over half the trial paper?Also aren't HSC exams copyrighted, therefore making it illegal for my school simply to take questions straight out of them? I'm not sure what to think and so have come to ask you all on your opinions. Thanks in advance.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Doesn't everyone have the same access to HSC papers?

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
It's 100% allowed and in fact what a majority of schools do - if you didn't study past HSC exams before trials that's your loss :p Everyone had an equal opportunity to study them.

yungxerox

HSC
True,thank you guys I'm not denying it was my fault, just wondering whether or not it was allowed :)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I thought people would do HSC papers for the HSC and trial papers for trials since it's more strategic to do that

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
I thought people would do HSC papers for the HSC and trial papers for trials since it's more strategic to do that
Why do you believe that is a good strategy? Are you aware that you are restricting yourself?

It's more strategic to gain as much experience as possible.

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
Not all schools have a pattern with their trials, so you should be prepared for whatever comes and explore more dungeons. Doing HSC papers, as well, will probably add another dimension to your thinking that you would have otherwise missed.

Running out of practice questions for the HSC? Come on, there are loads of practice questions in trials...It's like he's saying that HSC questions are the only valid practice questions. I'm still not with these beliefs because trials do fulfill the role of mastering the basics, applying information and concepts.

For sciences, all memorisation questions are usually the same, just applying information differently. The syllabus is too limited to pull out strange questions.

For maths, it's development of the basics, then it's problem-solving and applying ideas of different topics in one question.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)