Travelling to uni.. (1 Viewer)

Naatalie

HSC
Just wondering if anyone has had experience in travelling for long lengths of time to get to uni?

I'm hoping to get into Monash, but that means 1 1/2 hours of travelling to get there on the train, and the same to get home again. I can't afford to live in Melbourne, so that's out of the question, for this year at least.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I have to travel for about an hour by train to UNSW. The funny thing is I used live about a 10 minutes bus ride from UNSW.

Naatalie

HSC
And is it a massive pain to travel for that long? People are trying to convince me not to go to Monash because it's too far..

purplemonkey

HSC
You really do get used to it. I commute 2 hours each way to UTS so I put as many classes on each day so I don't have to go in as much. Take your iPod or a book, I find reading notes isn't really that good at passing the time because you've just spent the day in class so it's good to not have to concentrate on something academic :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
A mate of mine travels 3 hours to get to uni. So double it, and that's 6 hours worth of travelling every day. So it is possible

1 -1.5 hr trips aren't to bad, especially by train. Basically, if you have to do it, you'll manage.

Naatalie

HSC
Thanks everyone, it definitely does seem possible to do, especially seeing as I'll only be sitting down on the train with a book/iPod.

where do you live natalie portman?
Geelong :D

philphie

Banned
HSC
from now on i will only think of you as natalie portman because she is hot and so are you. why don't you just go to Deakin?

philphie

Banned
HSC
they're idiots, who could not like Natalie Portman?

f1r3c4p3

HSC
55 minutes of Train trip to the Uni and then another 55 minutes of Train back home =.= FML!!

mizukiyanagi

HSC
lol I searched 131500, and I have to travel for at least 2 hours to go to school.... Hey guys is it safe to use a laptop inside a train?

rx34

HSC
I don't think you should especially if you live in Sydney. I'm from Melb and the first time I came to Sydney I realised the each train carriage has two levels. Sometimes I'm not too sure whether to go top or bottom. My heart pounds faster when the train passes by Redfern.

Even in Melbourne I don't think you should. I take the Pakenham line to go to South Yarra and Toorak. There are crazy people on that line. I think the Lilydale/Belgrave line is ok.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Safety depends on which line, and what time as well. Generally I think you'd be alright, but you have to be careful.

philphie

Banned
HSC
lol you guys are a sheltered bunch. what do you think will happen? i've been going on trains through 'bad' stations at 4am plenty of times and shit doesn't happen. if you really don't have any balls then you sit next to where the blue guard light is, jeez the things you guys say and think...

HSC
lol I searched 131500, and I have to travel for at least 2 hours to go to school.... Hey guys is it safe to use a laptop inside a train?
The radiation from a laptop battery has been known to cause train brakes to stop working. For the safety of yourself and your fellow passengers, I urge you not to use it at any time on the train.

philphie

Banned
HSC
The radiation from a laptop battery has been known to cause train brakes to stop working. For the safety of yourself and your fellow passengers, I urge you not to use it at any time on the train.
lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
lol you guys are a sheltered bunch. what do you think will happen? i've been going on trains through 'bad' stations at 4am plenty of times and shit doesn't happen. if you really don't have any balls then you sit next to where the blue guard light is, jeez the things you guys say and think...
My mate almost lost his hearing after he was ambushed on a train by a bunch of guys. It can happen. It's rare. But it's not unheard of.

Andi0390

HSC
I hate it when you go through a tunnel and your internet drops out.

I don't know what the problem with trains is - I always meet nice people on trains.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)