Travelling to sydney airport to work. (1 Viewer)

kooltrainer

HSC
(internation or domestic). I live within 10 km from it and planning to work at gloria jeans. i want to know how to get there coz if i catch train, it cost whopping 16 buks concession return. thats probably like 2 hrs of work gone, given free to shittyrail..

I can buy a multipass 2 cost 24 for a week .. which is what i need to go uni then realised they fkn need extra gate pass for airport platforms.. which is another 12 buks return.

I jus wana no are there designated free parking spaces for workers in airport. If i drive and park there.. its even worse.. pretty much defeats the purpose of working there.. I guess this is a problem for all workers working in syd airport.. What to do?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Don't blame CityRail - the airport stations are owned by Airport Link (private company). CityRail only gets the standard fare that they normally charge, Airport Link takes the rest of it (the Gate Pass).

The airport website has http://www.sydneyairport.com.au/SACL/Staff-Car-Parking.html but it really doesn't tell you much. I'd say Gloria Jean's would probably tell you all you need to know once you get a job there.

astroe

HSC
Someone I know that worked at the airport, they took a bus there.
Unlike the trains, buses do come under your MyMulti ticket, and have no additional surcharge.

kooltrainer

HSC
Someone I know that worked at the airport, they took a bus there.
Unlike the trains, buses do come under your MyMulti ticket, and have no additional surcharge.
:/ cant do that.. closest bus stop for me to get to airport is rockdale or bexely north .. i cant get to those places by walkin..

twistedrebel

HSC
My dad works at airport and gets free parking. Will depend on employer i guess.

Bus is probably your best option imo.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
i want to know how to get there coz if i catch train, it cost whopping 16 buks concession return. thats probably like 2 hrs of work gone, given free to shittyrail..
$8 an hour is fucking shithouse, don't work there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)