Travel time question! (1 Viewer)

p i r a t e

Hey! I seriously want to go to this uni but my Dad reckons travel time will take too long. I live in Bankstown and would probably have to catch the train. So just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes to travel to Wollongong uni from Bankstown. And, does anyone else travel this far to uni?

Thanks!!!

Nic

santaslayer

HSC
yep im gonna travel from Beverly Hills to UoW this year for Commerce/Law...i have to take the train from hurstville to north wollongong and it will take approx 70 mins or so. as for bankstown im not so sure, but u would prolly have to take it to Central and change trains...from central to north wollongong is approx 1.5 hours. c ur train timetable for further details. hope this helps

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Just get a bus from Bankstown to Hurstville, it's alot faster, and the price prolly wouldn't be much higher.

I can't remember the route number, but it's a connex bus, on the Milperra side of Bankstown station.

But yeah, it's just pver an hour from Hurstville if you get the express (that just goes Sutho, then Thirroul and North Wollongong) Unfortunatly, they only run 90 minutes/2 hours. Sometimes, ya get stuck with those bastards that run through EVERY station between Waterfall and Thirroul, and then every stop in the Northern Wollongong Suburbs... ;) LOL. If you plan it right, it would probably take you about 90 minutes to get there...

Santaslayer - You're at Bevo? Might see ya on the train in a few weeks ;) - I'm lucky, I'm 10 minutes from Hurstville Station :D

Cheers!

dezzy

HSC
when you arrive to North Gong station, you will need to catch the public shuttle bus to the Northfields Avenue Bus Bay. buses depart the train station aprox. every 20 mins. the bus trip from North gong station to the uni. takes approx. 5 mins. You can walk to the uni from the train station @ approx. 20 mins.
The cost of the bus is 60cents each way

Sam

samboh
HSC
overall... prob 90 mins to get there...
since u're livin in bankstown.. it is quicker to take a bus from there to hurstville... then a train from there to nth w'gong.

buses r pretty regular.. and they're usually there once u get off the train.. so there'll b no probs there with you gettin a bus to uni.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Santaslayer, if I end up at wollongong then I'll take the train from Hrustville too, or maybe Sutherland, basically taking the express train to north wollongong isnt really far at all.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
santaslayer "what a turd" anyways I'll get into Wollongong one way or the other. Stupid Computer science, people have been telling me it 75% math the first year. Its just so screwed, I got into UNSW and now I cant wait tell I'm out and I havent even been in one lecture yet. The UNSW online enrollment is so screwed and if you make one mistake (me) you have to call them to get it fixed. Hell all I did was press next button a few times cause I couldnt be bothered with reading 10 full pages of writing and didnt realise the program dosnt let you go back. Arhhhhhhhhh. I want in wollongong and p i r a t e look at the bright side at least you get to study in the air - coned train everyday.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Also, trains are a good way to meet people and pick up :p

Sam

samboh
HSC
Originally posted by Snapwizard
look at the bright side at least you get to study in the air - coned train everyday.
for all the train rides i've had from hurstville to nth wollongong i've never seen once anyone study on the train....

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Sam, seems like no one else crams like me or maybe they just dont give a f*ck, what course are you doing Sam?

santaslayer

HSC
haha yea shen, i took the train to the gong for my enrolment yesterday and it was fully air cond...haha
it even had a toilet and free drinking water...no hassle of changing from train to bus like in unsw......lol

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Stupid UNSW just had to accept me !!!ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG man I was 99% sure they wont and I would make Wollongong, and dont say there there!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
there there.....

should have changed your preferences you doof.

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
Originally posted by Josie
there there.....

should have changed your preferences you doof.
:angry: :angry: I told you not to say that, and 100's of people have said change ur prefrences, I'm just ignorant :eek:
:p I'll get there one day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)