travel or not?? (1 Viewer)

party gal

HSC
im thinkin of doin pharmacy next yr at syd uni (im doin yr 12 now) but i live at newcastle n dunno whether its worth communting cuz i cant afford to leave home. anyone have any ideas bout wat i should do? does anyone catch the train or drive down every day??

thebach

HSC
Well im commencing my pharmacy degree this year at University at Sydney and ill be catching the train every day. However in your circumstance, it's will be better to live in the campus as there is accomadation available. Otherwise you can catch the train every day it will probably take you approximately 2 hours to arrive maybe even more. So it just a decision for you if you want to travel that long back and forth every day??

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
thats 4 hrs travel a day. that will get EXTREMELY wearing. i dont think you should travel. dont you have family or friends or something in syd who might be able to help you out? otherwise you should get a job and just go in for some cheap share accom round the uni somewhere... heaps of places in chippendale

alien

HSC
i have to travel a while on the train and i've talked to people who say they do uni work on the train, and that way they get alot of it finished before they get home. it really depends if you want to do it that way. you could consider on campus accommodation cos that's pretty cheap and you might be able to afford it after all. plus it's convenient, right at the u.

party gal

HSC
yeh it just seems like so much travelling. do u know of anyone else who does that long trip every day?? i just dont really wana leave home yet

alien

HSC
it takes me almost 2 hours to get home and i only live just past hornsby (i have to wait ages for a connecting train). when i start doing that trip every day, i'll tell you how it goes.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
not worth it... 4+ hrs each day on travellin, u r better off doin a degree at newcastle...

ilovejudelaw

HSC
one of my friends at uni has to travel for 2 hours there adn back, and she's doing really well getting like HDs and stuff because she studies on the train. so its good. i'd do it.

Generator

HSC
N/A
A one-way cityrail trip from Newcastle is much closer to three hours rather than two, though.
Two hours on the train each way may be 'fine' (a friend managed it for three years), but a three hour stretch... It's your life, but I think that you should consider the 'defer and work for a year' option.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
ilovejudelaw said:
one of my friends at uni has to travel for 2 hours there adn back, and she's doing really well getting like HDs and stuff because she studies on the train. so its good. i'd do it.
maybe... yet i still believe study in a library environment beats study on train...

ilovejudelaw

HSC
nah, i've been trying to study for uni in the library for a while now, and it just doesnt seem to work for me. but then i cant really think of a place that does...
DO IT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)