• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Transport (1 Viewer)

persephone

HSC
how long do you think it'll take to get from parramatta to macquarie uni by bus or should i just stick to the train change platforms at strathfield get off at epping catch bus to macquarie. my friend suggested catching train to town hall and then catching the 506 bus to macquarie.
i don't know which one is shortest or efficient or cheapest ... i wish i could drive

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
By bus from parramatta it would be about 50mins ... depends on the traffic though ... I'd prefer bus over train because the 545 comes like every 20 minutes and its a lot cheaper than by train.

If you caught the train to strathfield and get onto the hornsby line and then another bus to mac ... it would be more than an hour depending on the connections.

And I'm pretty sure that the 506 goes via nowheresville.

even thoughI don't go to mac uni ... I live near mac uni so I know all about the stupid transport :uhhuh:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
train would be faster... i think... but its 2 trains and a bus... and townhall is a shit idea cuz its like 50 mins from the city...

and train is more expensive... and shitter... and like full of paedos like me... and fucking ugly people... and smelly people...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Orange Juice said:
train would be faster... i think... but its 2 trains and a bus... and townhall is a shit idea cuz its like 50 mins from the city...

and train is more expensive... and shitter... and like full of paedos like me... and fucking ugly people... and smelly people...
you forgot to mention that trains never run on time, so it would definately be faster to catch a bus ... saves all the changing and waiting around.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah i'd do what cape says... catch the 545 from parra....
so what if its 45-50 mins.. its better than catching a train then changing at stratty then catching another bus.. the trains are unreliable plus more expensive in this case.....

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
catch a train to blacktown or seven hills station
then get a bus that goes straigh to maquarie a 630
takes u str8 there

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ok.

545 Parra, is NOT 45-50 minutes.

Thats if you dont have ANYONE get on from parra station to telopea, fat chance.

I got stuck on those buses, for more than an hour on average, and on coming home after 6, dont even attempt to catch it from uni if you want to get on. Get on at MQ Centre.

Plus the buses seem to have an inherent ability to break down or slow downs.

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
545 without a doubt.

"Going to town hall and catching a bus from there"??...thats the stupidest transport suggestion of the year (yes I know the year is young!)

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
y is it stoopid? coz tat's wat i did....took me about 1.5hr~~
LOL
so....say if i hav the earlieest lesson......i would probbaly leave home around 730...ekek~~~

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
but that would be ok for you considering you don't live in parra.. (i'm assuming persephone lives in/near parra)..

bigredboof

HSC
i get the 545 and have no probs with it (except that it takes 45 min!!!!)
Best to somehow get a life to eastwood then catche the 545 from there

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Sweet_Lemon said:
y is it stoopid? coz tat's wat i did....took me about 1.5hr~~
LOL
so....say if i hav the earlieest lesson......i would probbaly leave home around 730...ekek~~~
Yeah, jlh is right, I was assuming the op lives near para station. Cos then that would be 1 long train ride followed by 1 long bus ride...instead they can have just the 1 long bus ride (545).

See a lift to eastwood would make things easier, but you might as well get a lift to uni....I mean it's not much further, just down balaclava rd.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
with catching public transport, it is best to limit the number of changes. ie- get from home to station in a bus, then take another bus, etc.. it takes up time as you try to give yourself a time buffer for the next thing you gotta catch. and also problems come up if one leaves early or you get to the change up late.

Tabris

HSC
Hey Sweetlemon how far from macquarie u live?

I have to take a train to the city or redfern, change train and head for epping then take the bus to macq according to the tripplanner around 1:30, but trains are usually late and one thing leads to another so my guess, anything from 1:30 to 2+

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
HUm..........i'm about 1.5hr -2 hrs to get to MQ uni......but depends.......i catch the train to townhall...then catch bus from York St....LOL~~~the train usually take about 40min~~~ and the bus about 45min....
it's better if u can drive......if i can..it would only take me 45min

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
damn same as me atleast 3 hours travel per day to get to maq ... damn ... the train station is due for completion 2008, how ironic, thats when i graduate :(

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Last time I checked was 2007... they've delayed it again? *sighs*

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
Yeah 2008.

For anyone that takes longer than 1 hour on public transport...I would seriously think about coming by car. I mean Macq's one of the rare unis with decent sized car parks...take advantage of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)