Translation trouble kudasai (1 Viewer)

flip_flop

can't think straight.
HSC
ok, this is a question in regard to the passage "RENET" SECTION 2; sentence 5.

the sentence reads:
"iwaba, nijuuyon jikan miichingu o shiteiru youna mono nano da."

now, i understand the meaning of the sentence, but (being the as anal as i) dont understand the function of the "nano". "shiteiru youna mono" sought of means a thing that is like... (having a 24 hour meeting), so i dont see how "nano" functions.

any budding grammar-tists care to enlighten me??

THANKIN U.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
i studied this book in 2003 so it's been a while and i dont know the complete context of the sentence so after all the disclaimer...
"nano" usually just means that its an explanation; emphasising or underlining the point of the sentence in the same way its used in "nano de" if that makes sense. other wise go to your teacher for help :) good luck

flip_flop

can't think straight.
HSC
awesome, thanks heaps frodo. i guess it doesnt change the maning of the sentence too much then. its just that ive seen questions that have been like "what does <I>deshou</I> do to the sentence, etc" so i was just trying to be preapred.

and nope snoopy, i dont do extension through OHS... i go to a school in wollongong and we have about 6 people in the class. not a huge group... but its a good group : ) how about u???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)