Transforming the UTS Tower (1 Viewer)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/how-to-tr...t-call-it-the-condominium-20110618-1g8un.html

IT IS sometimes described as a giant phallic symbol on Sydney's skyline. It seems fitting, then, that architects have proposed sheathing the unloved pile in a vast, elastic mesh.
The Sydney branch of the multinational firm Laboratory for Visionary Architecture (LAVA) wants to transform the University of Technology Sydney tower into a ''dynamic sculptural icon'' by wrapping it in a lightweight, composite textile that comes to life at night.
[...]

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Definitely not the worst structure in the city. The impressions do look really good though.

Mingsta

HSC
Its pretty alright, but I reckon they can do better. Ive been in the LAVA office, and the design is not amazing. They need to cover the front of the building where are the cars on the road have a look at the building, this will make the impression as you walk into the building a much more warm and friendly site. The building actually holds great history yet i admit it is pretty outdated. The interior of the building is actually very nice though. What I do know about this design is that there are some problems with it that UTS does not like.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
That looks neat. Yeah the interior looks awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)