Transformations (1 Viewer)

sneaker

I have tried sooo hard to understand the transformations option for emma and clueless, but still don't understand the basics, so could someone, in like one or two sentences sum this question up or get me started so i can try again please?

How have the changes in context lead to changed values being reflected in the transformation of Emma in Clueless?

PLEASE???

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
ok, well the context of emma is the 19th century life in highbury, which is really a microcosm of the society at the time, reflecting the social hierarchy and etc. and it reflects values such as marriage, wealth, social status etc
clueless is set in the 20th century, with a bunch of american high school kids. the social hierarchy based on land and wealth is now based on popularity/physical appearance, consumerism.... etc.

you should talk about how the context is different in the two texts by comparing them. for example, you could compare a scene in the two texts and talk about the changing values in the two texts. and you will need to talk about how essentially, the ideas behind the two texts are the same but by changing the context/values to suit a new audience, it enhances the understanding blah blah blah

sorry that's really not one or two sentences

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)