Transformation: Hamlet > RAGAD (1 Viewer)

Bandit

Hey everyone, after using the bored of studies site for a couple of weeks the temptation to get into the community is too great! So hi :) The stuff on this site is priceless.

Anyhow, I'm writing practice essays for an upcomming assessment on the transformation of HAMLET > RAGAD.

The question I'm working on right now is:

"The process of transformation involves much more than just the adaptation of ideas and form to contemporary situations and audiences" Discuss this statement in relation to the TWO prescribed texts you have studied.

I'm having troubles getting going, any tips or suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

kini mini

HSC
This sounds exactly like my trial question - "The more recent text merely makes the earlier text more relevant to today's audience". Do you agree?

Basically, you have to do what you always do in a transformations essay and describe the transformations, but also talk about changes Stoppard has made to make his own statements about issues raised in the original text.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Ooh, tough question in my opinion...

well, since the verb used is 'discuss', u'll need to provide points for and against that statement. I'd suggest u start off with writing about how the transformation of Hamlet to R+G is achieved thru the adaptation of ideas and form, but then talk about the whole contextual complexity of the two texts and how they are vastly different, intertwined with the whole religious contrast as well...

this question is challenging nonetheless, or maybe I've jus forgotten everything already

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

this question is challenging nonetheless, or maybe I've jus forgotten everything already
It did surprise me a little in the trials last year, but I got over it in the reading time and planned a half-decent answer.

Bandit

thanks for your replies. I have gotten on top of it I think, I will hand in my practice essay tommorow and let you know what my teacher thought of my efforts. I diddn't pick a very easy first question did I? lol. Thanks again.

Bandit

My teacher gave me a mark of 17/20 for my essay, she wrote the following comment:

"Great. Just a little more on how these transformations of ideas + characters are represented through the form(absurd, comic theatre) of theatre conventions."

Can you all please help me with this? I'm struggling! :(

Cheers

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by Bandit
My teacher gave me a mark of 17/20 for my essay, she wrote the following comment:

"Great. Just a little more on how these transformations of ideas + characters are represented through the form(absurd, comic theatre) of theatre conventions."

Can you all please help me with this? I'm struggling! :(

Cheers
Here are my notes on transformations. They don't explicitly address your question because I structured my responses differently, but I did address the point :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)