Transfers in 2008? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi guys, im currently in yr12 2006 and i really wanted to do B-Commerce at USYD in 2007, but i dont think ill get the 93.45 UAI. So im thinking of doing one year of maybe B-Arts (75.00-83.00) or B-IT for first year. I'm into business/econmics related subjects but also computer type subjects (SDD,IPT), so i was wondering what course would be the best option as a first year type then 'transfering' in 2008, and what are the chances of me trnsfering into B-Commerce anyway if i were to do a IT related subject as opposed to a B-arts type subject?

Thanks

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
depends on what you get for your UAI as well as if you dont make the commerce first go, then they take into account half of your UAI and half of your tertiary results, so if you really want to transfer then you must have a good UAI, even better get 93.45 and get it in first go
youve still got time so study hard
good luck

shannonm

HSC
N/A
What you can do (unsw) is co-major in economics in the arts degree, and take the commerce subjects.
Try mid-year transfer into commerce, that way if you get it, you may even be 'on time' in the degree program with people who got straight into commerce.
(i.e obviously by doing the commerce courses, as well as claiming any Arts/science subjects as fulfilling the gened requirements)
(You could also try doing compsci (under Science major) and get the related courses credited as an 'information systems' major/minor once getting into commerce, which the people above may have been talking about)

and what are the chances of me trnsfering into B-Commerce anyway if i were to do a IT related subject as opposed to a B-arts type subject?
Do whichever you think you can get the best marks in. It makes no difference which course you get your marks in, just your marks.

As for transfering into commerce (unsw), an 81 uai and distinction (engineering) wam was not enough to get me through :p so I guess it depends on how close your uai is to ~90.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
General consensus is half UAI half GPA(or)WAM.

Which would also explain why I didn't get in..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)